Respected Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein Guilty of 2 Out of 5 Charges

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

<snip>

My objection to some of these comments is that some posters are using 2020 logic and attitudes applied to how things actually were decades ago.  The victims always got blamed.

This is where I respectively disagee.

Again, I'm 66. and dealt with things decades ago.

While I agree that issues brought to legal authorities meant victims were blamed, there were always ways women could directly retaliate without involving the law.

Namely: knees or hands squeezing/twisting in certain circumstances; and if escalated, there's always teeth.

I never had to go to there, but wouldn't have hesitated a minute.  If I'd gotten beaten, knew I did my best to fight back.

Denise
Honored Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

<snip>

My objection to some of these comments is that some posters are using 2020 logic and attitudes applied to how things actually were decades ago.  The victims always got blamed.

This is where I respectively disagee.

Again, I'm 66. and dealt with things decades ago.

While I agree that issues brought to legal authorities meant victims were blamed, there were always ways women could directly retaliate without involving the law.

Namely: knees or hands squeezing/twisting in certain circumstances; and if escalated, there's always teeth.

I never had to go to there, but wouldn't have hesitated a minute.  If I'd gotten beaten, knew I did my best to fight back.

If someone is prone to such predatory actions, that person might also be considered capable of inflicting injury or death. Sometimes using the kind of force you recommend will result in serious injury or death.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

So now we're going to tell victims how they should have responded? 

Hopefully I misunderstood. I've read it three times and I don't think I did but I am really hoping I did.

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Look up the word 'sleazy' in the dictionary and you'll see a picture of Weinstein.

If you want to hear some of the lows he stooped to, listen to Ronan Farrow's podcast, "The Catch and Kill Podcast." It's available on Sticher, Apple Podcasts, or any place you listen to podcasts. It's free. Farrow tells it like it is.

For more about how scum operate to hide truth in Hollywood, including how attorney Lisa Bloom was involved, listen to the episodes "Keeping Harvey Weinsteins's Secrets" Part 1 and Part 2 from "The Daily" Podcast by The New York Times. 

Honored Contributor

I think people who want to "act" for a living and be "famous" are a different breed to begin with. Kids who give up everything to move away from home and follow their dreams will do anything to make those dreams come true.Someone like HW with that much power in Hollywood is nothing new and the victims knew what they were in for when they agreed to be alone with him. What he did is a crime and he indeed should be punished. We need to make our girls aware of what's out there, but I really wonder how much good that will do when they are confronted with a HW who controls their dreams.

Esteemed Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

It's okay. If they feel safer by thinking nothing can happen to them because they are smarter and more worldly wise and virtuous than the rest of us, bless their hearts. I hope they never find out otherwise.

If that was directed at me, I was sexually assaulted in my 30's.  But I got away from that situation, never maintained a relationship with that man,  and moved on.  Sorry, but these women wanted something from Harvey and despite his behavior,  they got something in return.

This is such a traumatic event. No person asks for anything like this to happen. 

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I think he will also be tried in Los Angeles.

On 4 felony counts.

Honored Contributor

CNN is reposting that he's currently at Bellevue for chest pains...

Honored Contributor

after court he was headed to bellevue hospital complaining of chest pains.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

after court he was headed to bellevue hospital complaining of chest pains.

Probably because he wanted to stall actually having to go to jail!