Honored Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein Guilty of 2 Out of 5 Charges

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Too bad he didn't have sort of 'front' surgery.......

What does that have to do with anything?

LOL!

i know you're smarter than that, but I'll humor you....if he didn't have anything in front, he couldn't have committed these acts.

What you DON'T know about rape is...a.l.o.t.

Please educate yourself.  Read. Listen. Learn. 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

LOL!

i know you're smarter than that, but I'll humor you....if he didn't have anything in front, he couldn't have committed these acts.

@sidsmom 

You really need to stop with your assumptions, educate yourself, read, listen, learn.

I WAS A RAPE VICTIM FOR MOST OF MY CHILDHOOD BY A FAMILY MEMBER.

Don't even THINK that you can lecture me on this subject. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I remember people talkling of the casting couch in the 50's,60's ,.and before i guess,this reminds me of that.

I haven't followed this case but I do believe that's what this is.  Women did things willingly with this man because they thought he would help them with their careers.  No one stays friendly with their rapist the way some of those women did.  Years, even decades later they can't believe they did what they did and in their minds it becomes rape.  I imagine that's why he was only found guilty of two of the lesser charges.  So now Harvey and his walker fly to CA for more charges.  

Respected Contributor

Poor baby, I feel sorry for him...

NOT.

Regular Contributor

Nice to see some justice done (finally). 

Does anyone remember when Courtney Love was at some award show "red carpet" and was asked what her advice was to young women in Hollywood?  Her advice was NOT to go to a hotel room to meet Harvey Weinstein. 

And people thought she was crazy...

(Sorry, can't remember the year.)

Honored Contributor

It's amazing how some men with power think they can do anything.  It will be interesting to see how many years he is given.  Also, he never needed a walker until his trial started.  OMG.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes, but on the most serious charges.  He was convicted of two lesser charges.  This is where using that walker and pretending to have one foot in the grave might work out for him.  I wouldn't be surprised if he got house arrest or probation

He has been booked at Rikers Island and will be prosecuted next in California. He isn't going anywhere.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

LOL!

@sidsmom 

You really need to stop with your assumptions, educate yourself, read, listen, learn.

@KingstonsMom 

I'm sorry you had to endure that as a child.

Though knowledge is key. 

Knowing the definition of what rape is can help all of us.

'Objects' are under the definition of rape...so implying he should've 

had some sort of 'front' surgery is admitting you clearly don't

know the legal definition of this crime.  Being a survivor, you are

definitely empathic to what others have to endure...even if their

type of rape is different, it's still the same crime. 

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

While I am certainly sorry that the women had to endure what they did, I agree wih those who said that they did play a part in the events. I am pretty sure that EVERYONE has heard tales of the "casting couch," and have heard stories for DECADES about both Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby.

If a man with that reputation invites you to his hotel room, did those women really think he wasn't going to expect payment for his help? I am not necessarily blaming the victims, but I am saying that those women made the choice to do what he asked. It was horrible that he had that power, but, no matter how much they wanted to be acting, they had a choice to turn around and leave. Bill Cosby drugged the women (who also knew his reputation and went to his room), but he incapacitated them so they could not leave. 

I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I do not agree that the women were helpless. As I said, I am sorry they endured this, but it was their choice. Everyone should take responsibility for their actions.

@Lisa now in AZ 

Okay, I give up ....  why are you "pretty sure" everyone knew what was going on?   Both Oprah and Meryl Streep praised Harvey when this was going on .... if they didn't know about his predatory acts, I don't think you can assume "everyone" knew.

Staff protect top people and while there might be a few who knew what was going on, it wasn't common knowledge .... in either case.  Cosby had a guy that ran interference with women who were assaulted ... he used both cash and threats to shut them up, assurring them no one would believe them if they went to the police.  Back in the day, the police did nothing.  So, women were often convinced after the fact that nothing would happen, except that they'd gain a reputation as a troublemaker and liar.

My objection to some of these comments is that some posters are using 2020 logic and attitudes applied to how things actually were decades ago.  The victims always got blamed.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

LOL!

@sidsmom 

@KingstonsMom 

I'm sorry you had to endure that as a child.

Though knowledge is key. 

Knowing the definition of what rape is can help all of us.

'Objects' are under the definition of rape...so implying he should've 

had some sort of 'front' surgery is admitting you clearly don't

know the legal definition of this crime.  Being a survivor, you are

definitely empathic to what others have to endure...even if their

type of rape is different, it's still the same crime. 

@sidsmom  The definition of rape varies from state to state. There is not one definition so "objects" may or not be included.