Respected Contributor

Re: Harvey Weinstein Guilty of 2 Out of 5 Charges

[ Edited ]

{shrug}  I guess I won't change anyone's mind...

If some of you think having an acting job in Hollywood is worth going into a virtual stranger's hotel room with or without a female "aide" - I'da been out of there right behind her - even at 18. In the case of BC who drugged them?  "Thanks, I'm not thirsty" {big smile}.

As far as injury or murder if one fights back??  Maybe with a random stranger who jumps you on a jogging path or in a bar after last call - I'd still fight back (in which case they'd find his DNA under my dead fingernails - if not an eyeball or two).  But as far as we know neither HW or BC physically injured (other than assault or rape) nor did they murder anyone.

I totally emphasize with young children and those victimized by family members.  Can't think of anything worse.

As someone above noted, adult women need to get their ""spidey sense" in gear and I hope those of you with older teens teach them.  And those with younger kids...please stress they can come to you with anything.

Denise
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my daughter graduated from college she decided to head to California and took a job at one of the movie studios. She worked for one of their lawyers. She  was sent flowers,gifts by directors,producers and actors. She wouldn't accept them but that didn't mean it stopped. One day her boss asked her to take a contract out to the lawyer of an actor that had been pursuing her. The lawyer of this actor had told my daughter's  boss that he was in a rush and couldn't get out of the car. When my daughter stepped out of the office the lawyer and the actor's manager were standing outside the building and told her the actor would like her to speak to her in the limousine. She said I am engage and not interested in meeting with him. The manager and lawyer said he just wants to meet you and thank you. She said that's fine and started to walk away. The manager trapped my daughter's arm and wouldn't let go. My daughter said I am going to start screaming and I will call the police. She was lucky they let her go and didn't drag her into the car. When my daughter got in the building she went to her boss who was a female and told her everything. I am grateful that her boss was a wonderful person and stood by my daughter and told her she wouldn't ever have to deal with the actor,agent and lawyer again. Her boss did call the lawyer and yelled at him. The movie studio still continue business with these people. They really don't care about anyone. It's all about the money. It is easy to say a person can fight but it's not always easy to fight someone off.

Honored Contributor

I actually stood up and cheered------what a dirtbag---- and he hs more coming in CA----there's a few other fellow dirtbags----that need the same treatment-----can think if one in particular that I would pay money to see handed the same punishment---maybe that will happen 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nbo. Good for your daughter!

@sissel. Weinstein's now ex wife with whom he has two young children, Georgina Chapman who owns the fashion house Marchesa, divorced him when all this came to light about Harvey. She has custody of the children and I think she moved back to England.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@no. Good for your daughter!

@sissel. Weinstein's now ex wife with whom he has two young children, Georgina Chapman who owns the fashion house Marchesa, divorced him when all this came to light about Harvey. She has custody of the children and I think she moved back to England.

Georgina Chapman was a judge on Project Runway for several years. And the credits showed the show as a "Weinstein Production." Once the Weinstein accusations became widely publicly known, it made me wonder about that show.

Then I rewatched Season 2, which was in the middle of Weinstein's predatory heyday, and were were some very weird/disturbing aspects when you put it into that context. In the first several seasons some of the models were under 18, as is common in the industry, but still...

At that time, as part of the show, they had like a pretend slave auction or brothel setup where the designers picked their models from a lineup. The models had to stand there in tiny silk slip nighties with no underwear or shoes or socks. It always seemed off/deliberately degrading to me, like it was included for someone's jollies.

And there was an episode in that season where they had this party and the designers were supposed to encourage their (again some were underage) models to flirt and raunchy dance with members of the press, including this one Page Six guy who was visibly into it and flustered at the same time. You can only wonder what crud happened away from the cameras.

When I look at the early shows with a sense of perspective on the people involved, there are some creepy Epstein qualities to them. And there are pictures of Weinstein and Epstein together.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nbo 

That is horrifying for your daughter and you!

Thank goodness for you both to have the good sense to avoid a disaster as mentioned above.

My best wishes.

Denise
Super Contributor

@denisemb wrote:

@Nbo 

That is horrifying for your daughter and you!

Thank goodness for you both to have the good sense to avoid a disaster as mentioned above.

My best wishes.

@denisemb Unfortunately for a lot of women they are not always so lucky. In certain industries women and children are left vulnerable to these parasites. They send assistant to hotel rooms or offices to return contracts and not everyone can refuse, even if they are afraid because they have heard whispers that this person is a predator because they need this job. These young woman do not get paid very well so they can't say I don't need this job. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@esmerelda wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I think people who want to "act" for a living and be "famous" are a different breed to begin with. Kids who give up everything to move away from home and follow their dreams will do anything to make those dreams come true.Someone like HW with that much power in Hollywood is nothing new and the victims knew what they were in for when they agreed to be alone with him. What he did is a crime and he indeed should be punished. We need to make our girls aware of what's out there, but I really wonder how much good that will do when they are confronted with a HW who controls their dreams.

Many of the victims had no clue he was going to pull the stunts he pulled. He'd have a female from his staff in his hotel room when a female was asked to meet with him there. The female thought she was safe because there was another female staff member present and the staff member was dressed in office attire. Victims had no idea this associate would often disappear to allow Weinstein to pull off his shenanigans. One of his staffers testified against him at the trial and had called Ronan Farrow, giving Farrow information he used in his story in the New Yorker. Weinstein would also get keys to rooms and show up, in the dark night, standing above the bed of sleeping victims. They had no way off expecting this. Weinstein also would began m-ing in lobbies of lobbies of hotels, following females as they were walking away from him. He would also reach clear across the table and grab the chests of women that were just meeting with him to discuss work in public restaurants. It is true that many women continued to meet with him AFTER he pulled some of these stunts. They might have been caught between their career and catering to Weinstein, but they did have a choice to ditch him at that point. Many feared he'd have them black balled in the industry. He relied on an entire team of experts to discredit and disgrace Rose McGowan in the public eye so her allegations would not be believed. Anyway, he was adroit in his methods and he knew he could use his position to abuse and exploit. 

@Mindy D  Does Rose McGowan get another chance when he’s tried in CA?

The DA has not released  this information yet. The trial will focus on two chief accusations. "In one incident, Weinstein allegedly went to a hotel and raped a woman after pushing his way into her room. The second alleged assault took place the next evening at a hotel in Beverly Hills. Neither woman was publicly identified by prosecutors." See link for quoted material below. Rosanna Arquette and eight other women have come out publically asking to testify in the upcoming trial. I think many of the posters on this thread have not read the in-depth accounts by all these women. Plenty of these women were not part of any behavior such as going to his hotel room and knowingly going through with things to advance their careers. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=10&ved=2ahUKEwiH_96V6-3nAhVCFzQIHY9HDm...

Honored Contributor

According to Foxnews site, Weinstein's ex, Georgina Chapman, has been dating Adrien Brody.
Respected Contributor

so many scared and do what the they want well now have a voice this will stop I hope learn to speak up stop this now. women no matter what speak up in your job not just weinstein's just regular jobs learn to not do it. we look after eachother this ****** goes on unless we stop it enough!!!