Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan's Decision - and what Meghan was supposedly offered

The Royals have had their protocals for centuries. Queen Elizabeth is the bearer of what their monarchy is all about and she will defend that forever. Harry & Megan are minor players in the long run, although they appear to want to disrupt what has been expected of them as heirs to Prince Charles. We may disagree with the monarchy, but it really isn't any of our business. Prince Harry was born into that monarchy and was raised into a very privileged lifestyle with a lot of expectations. He has been somewhat of the "rogue Prince" and married a woman who supports his rogue lifestyle. JMO, but if he and his wife want to leave their privileged royal life, then so be it. Give up the money, the privileges, the stipends, all of it. Do your own thing and best of luck to you.

Honored Contributor

@september - You are wrong when you say I've never been in the leave-them-alone camp. I was fine if they wanted to live in Canada, or South Africa, or wherever. It's the way they've gone about it I disagree with. But I'm just one person voicing an opinion.

@Ms tyrion2 and @Love my grandkids - and anyone else who is upset I posted: once again I checked and didn't see a topic about this. I apologize. There has been a lot of discussion and it's hard to keep up with everything.

@1Professor , @Retired08, and @elated - Thank you for answering my question in a kind manner. I was trying to find out what was going on and thanks to you I did!  

For anyone else interested:  As others have said, what they want to do is their own business. They went about it the wrong way, hurting others in the process. I started to wonder about them when the pregnancy was announced at a relative's wedding. They could have waited until the next day. And I guess I miss the carefree Harry we all once "knew"! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I just read that Meghan is considering a "deal" with Disney. Has anyone else heard this?

I WAS in the leave-them-alone camp, but no longer! I think they have hurt a lot of people, and I'm not so sure Harry hasn't just gone along with what his wife wants.

What can you expect from someone who announces her pregnancy at another's (Princess Eugenie) wedding? 

Meghan has a deal to do a voiceover with Disney for her charity. The charity is working to save elephants.  In my opinion, I can see why the couple want to avoid another tragedy like the one with Diana. I’m behind them, so far. There’s still no press release outlining exactly what they will be doing and how their royal responsibilities will come into play. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Apparently, the queen, Charles and William will be meeting with Harry on Monday... It appears Meghan will be phoning it in from Canada...

@stevieb  Of course she will.  Because this is her show.  She wants to be sure Harry doesn't mess it up.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I feel sorry for Beatrice.  She's the one who must be ready to divorce that family and be done with the lot of them.  This was supposed to be her Princess Bride year.  First her daddy implodes and disgraced hisself and now THIS....LOL   There will be no grande, royal wedding for her this year.   

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I feel sorry for Beatrice.  She's the one who must be ready to divorce that family and be done with the lot of them.  This was supposed to be her Princess Bride year.  First her daddy implodes and disgraced hisself and now THIS....LOL   There will be no grande, royal wedding for her this year.   

Beatrice was never gonna be front page news imo..

Honored Contributor

Sure there will.
Esteemed Contributor

I was looking for something else (about their foundation) and came across an article about how many "employees" they've lost in what...18 months? 

The Sussexes are believed to be on their third nanny for baby Archie, too. 

Meghan has lost several staff members since she married into the royal family in May 2018 - including a bodyguard, personal assistant and private secretary. 

Her personal assistant Melissa Touabti quit after just six months in the role. A few weeks later, the couple's private secretary, Samantha Cohen, left her role after 17 years with the royal family. And in January, Meghan's female bodyguard departed after just six months. 

Last summer, Harry lost private secretary in Ed Lane Fox.  

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Apparently, the queen, Charles and William will be meeting with Harry on Monday... It appears Meghan will be phoning it in from Canada...

@stevieb  Of course she will.  Because this is her show.  She wants to be sure Harry doesn't mess it up.

@esmerelda  True enough... and yet it appears she didn't want to have to actually be there... Having to look folks in the eye is whole different ballgame... Seems like maybe they left the kid in Canada for a reason...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Yes