Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan's Decision - and what Meghan was supposedly offered

Given everything that's gone down with Andy and now this, I don't think the royals will want poor Beatrice to be front page news... I understand Andrew lobbied heavily for Eugenie's wedding to be a big deal but at this point he has no clout... Beatrice might not be looking for a huge royal wedding but if she is, she better plan on a long engagement... On the other hand, the royals can hope a big wedding blow out might prove a distraction... If she's smart, she won't invite the Sussex ducal duo... They might have another announcement to make...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Harry should have made the break BEFORE he got married............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi. I dont think Harry would have made the break at all if he hadn't married.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Desertdi. I dont think Harry would have made the break at all if he hadn't married.

@Pearlee   Good point

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

I feel sorry for Beatrice.  She's the one who must be ready to divorce that family and be done with the lot of them.  This was supposed to be her Princess Bride year.  First her daddy implodes and disgraced hisself and now THIS....LOL   There will be no grande, royal wedding for her this year.   

Beatrice was never gonna be front page news imo..

I don't feel sorry for Beatrice.  If the media weren't focusing on her father, Ginge, and Cringe, some would probably return to the gossip about how her fiancé's fiancé (the American architect who has a child with him)  was blindsided by that relationship.  

Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I was looking for something else (about their foundation) and came across an article about how many "employees" they've lost in what...18 months? 

The Sussexes are believed to be on their third nanny for baby Archie, too. 

Meghan has lost several staff members since she married into the royal family in May 2018 - including a bodyguard, personal assistant and private secretary. 

Her personal assistant Melissa Touabti quit after just six months in the role. A few weeks later, the couple's private secretary, Samantha Cohen, left her role after 17 years with the royal family. And in January, Meghan's female bodyguard departed after just six months. 

Last summer, Harry lost private secretary in Ed Lane Fox.  

@esmerelda I didn't realize Archie was on his third nanny. I've also read about the number of staff members who have left and recall that Cohen had been with the royal family for several years.  With that sort of turnover, it makes one wonder what's going on.  I guess now they will have to have a Canadian staff as well as one in the U.K. at Frogmore.

I don't foresee anything major coming out of Monday's family meeting.  They're still family, after all.  The will probably fly across the pond to appear at whatever events they choose then return to whichever mansion in Canada they decide to live in. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@september ...If you are referring to your fellow posters as "old biddies" you have insulted a lot of people here, and in that case you owe all of us an apology.

Some people here (not all) do fall into that category and I don't owe them an apology.  

many ( not all!) of you, could and should be less judgmental. 

But, it is okay for you to judge? Interesting.

Honored Contributor

For me, I'm done reading and listening to anymore on this subject.  Life, if nothing else, will be their teacher.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Harry should have made the break BEFORE he got married............

I don’t recall hearing about Harry being unhappy being a member of the royal family prior to Markle entering the picture.  Markle has dysfunction in her family and it she’s brought it with her.