Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan's Decision - and what Meghan was supposedly offered

@Pearlee , thanks for replying. I thought something seemed off since you have never responded unkindly to me. I just wanted to be sure and now that you cleared it up there's no need to go back and edit--at least no need to do it for my sake. As long as I know we're cool and I'm glad to see we are! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@stevieb   You made me smile - wouldn't mind staying at Frogmore as when in London I have to travel with DD to see her son/ my grandson participating in Changing of Guard /Windsor Castle - ooh and aah - usually pouring rain and it’s all over in minutes and then he has duties, so cuppa tea and back to London!  Frogmore here we come.

Re Cornwall us Brits are so complacent and accepting I never questioned monies re Duchy - now I am bl—dy mad and told DH sell the lot - kinda fed up with all these shenanigans when hard earned monies are pledged to do good.  However, let us hope for a good outcome.

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 Awwww thanks very much. 😁 I have a new phone that completely gets away from me. I'm really happy you asked me about it because I hadn't even noticed that happened.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RoughDraft wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

Why Disney? How much did Disney contribute? Why not directly for the charity? Why wasn't the Queen consulted?

For that matter, why has she abandoned her husband and remained in Canada after the six week break has come to an end? Harry surely misses his son.

Meghan didn't "abandon" her husband  .... and the queen doesn't need to be "consulted" on every little thing.

Sounds like Meghan and Harry are finally going to lead a "normal" life -- instead of being told what to do, what to wear, how to curtsy, how to cross ur legs, how to raise their child, when they have to "keep a stiff upper lip", etc. It's called FREEDOM!!!! 

And with freedom comes responsibility...

Responsibility to do what???? At least they'll make their own decisions. Harry never fit into that Royal family. Marrying Meghan was his way out!!!!! Good for him.

Maybe they just got tired of the fact that when the Queen lays down her knife and fork, everyone at the table has to stop eating!  Woman LOL

Nothing says "We need to ditch this royal wealthy entitled life and move to Canada" like not being allowed to finish your corn

Trusted Contributor

Its very simple, she is not fit to be a Princess.

Meghan likes to preach about Climate Change and tell people to “make less of a carbon footprint”…but she also flies private jets everywhere, as well as helicopters and range rovers.

Meghan also has lectured people about “equality” and “privelage”…even though she is a multi millionaire, lived in a palace, and is one of the most privileged people on the planet. She also spent $1 million dollars on clothes…all while telling people to “help her fight poverty”. Simply, she cannot stand next to the Queen Of England.

When Meghan's family said they were homeless and deeply impoverished, Meghan did nothing to help them. So she is a fake humanitarian!

Meghan also lectures people about “being kind”….even though she abandoned her sick father. Yes, her father made a few media mistakes, and yes he did some stupid things. But none of them were vicious, and her father has proven again and again that he has never used his daughter, or made money off of her. He has begged her, again and again, just to talk to him. But she doesnt care about her poor dad at all.

But Meghans father wasnt the only family member she abandoned…she also abandoned the majority of her family as well. They did nothing wrong, and were only ever loving and supportive of her, but after becoming famous, she ditched them like throwing out trash.

Meghan also treated her first husband so badly, that her best friend refused to speak to her ever again.

So yes,

most people in Britain dislike Meghan because she treats people horribly,she is a massive hypocrite, and a fake humanitarian.

Enough Said

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Regular Contributor

William and Kate seem to live pretty much a normal life (as far as royalty goes), Meghan has bucked the system from the begiinning. If she loves truly loves Harry she should support him and respect his obligations as a member of the royal family. Why did she marry into that life? I do not understand her desire to live in LA-she is not that good of an actress and was not that successful. I never heard of her unitl she was engaged to Harry. She is a drama queen-and it is sad Harry got involved with her. As for Harry-he needs to grow up and stop wallowing in self pity. The press is not responsible for his mother's death-a drunk driver is (Dodi's chauffer).

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   I think you maybe correct - if so - our Duchy contributions - and I suspect and a few others too - will cease.

Cornwall 20+ years ago was a very poor County then us ‘emmets’ as the Cornish call us from London discovered it - means ants! - a derogatory Cornish term for Londoners lol -  moved in buying dilapidated cottages,  setting up businesses employing all local labour and now it is a very sought after ‘country lifestyle’ but still retaining its Cornish ways of life.  We sold our main home in London and moved to Cornwall as have so many others - so we have quite an attachment there.

Charles has done great things for the County - not seen any input from Harry or Meghan - to warrant 95%.  DD in London says sell it Mum do not contribute to them!  DD in Ca says “sell it Mum stay here”.  Lol - DH happily doing his thing in London!  Me here with a cuppa followed by glass of Californian wine!  

What’s that lovely poem say - ‘The time has come, the Walrus said, to think of many things....’

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@esmereldathe statement above was correct; your correction is erroneous. The poster said M & H made their stepping back announcement one day before Kate's
Birthday which is true. I think you were thinking of the pregnancy announcement at Eugenie's wedding.

@Pearlee  That’s what I said...I think.  Poster said pregnancy was announced at Will and Kate’s baby’s christening.  It was announced at Eugenie’s wedding. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never realized she made her pregnancy announcement at someone’s wedding.  Bad form.

Harry needs to mature fast.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I have to admit, it seems like this was planned from the beginning.