Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan's Decision - and what Meghan was supposedly offered

I think they will love Canada..much less scrutiny and a quieter way of life.

Honored Contributor

I was one of her best defenders in here originally.  Every time she was bashed and before the thread would get poofed I'd hold up for her.

Just seems strange he lived in England and was part of the Royals for 30 some odd yrs. never whined before the wedding, now, he wants to break away. Timing seems off.    She never really understood the whole royal way of life guess she's never read up on English history and didn't know that it's like a job your either on board or if you don't like the terms you don't take the job.

His other girlfriends bowed out didn't want any part of it and they were English.  I felt bad for her because of her horrible family and of course the step sister is now doing interviews saying "I told you, so" to media.

Best for her to mind her own business. Papa, so far is mute. Hope he stays mute.

Think she thought she would get in there and do things her way, change tradition and shake things up more to suit herself. If she can't adapt I see

some trouble down the road for that marriage.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom @SharkE 

i really feel for them all of them and I mean this sincerely

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I have not read the majority of the posts - I am just going by the title.  I'm sure I don't know what all the facts are, but my gut reaction is --- if they were thinking of stepping back or distancing themselves from their royal duties --- for lack of a better description --- then I would think that there would or should be protocols for this type of thing.??  Certainly not by letting the queen find out by some type of media instead of consulting with her first.  I mean, Harry has grown up in this atmosphere and knows well what this type of life is all about and what he is expected to do as such.  Meghan, however, being a so-called "civilian", did not grow up in this life.  However, by marrying into royalty, she was expected to be part of this life, as the wife of a royal.  I mean, it's not like she is just marrying an executive with a large company in the US!  To me, it appears that this couple has shown total lack of regard for protocol and the feelings and needs of the monarchy.  But who really knows?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re staff leaving

If you read more than just rags with inflammatory stories, you would know that the nanny process changes hands as the baby gets older.  Kate also changed nannies from new born, infant, toddler, school age.

As for the other staff, many left due to the move to Frogmore.  You can't commute and it's out in the sticks.  If people are young, they want to stay in the city, if they have family and children, they don't want to uproot them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

It sounds to me that most (not all) but most of the people here and all over the world have never given her a chance.  She has always been wrong.  What a terrible position to put her in.  We don't know the specifics of what goes on between Meghan and Harry.  Only the two of them know the actual truth.  We only know what is published.  And that is rarely the truth.  I say leave them alone....let them live their life.(I don't really care about the monarcy.  That is England's issue.  Let them deal with it.)   If this is really what they want to do to be happy as a family...great.  If they eventually divorce.....that is their business.  And very sad.  Especially for their child or children. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@september wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@september ...If you are referring to your fellow posters as "old biddies" you have insulted a lot of people here, and in that case you owe all of us an apology.

Some people here (not all) do fall into that category and I don't owe them an apology.  

many ( not all!) of you, could and should be less judgmental. 

@september   And maybe YOU should be 'less judgmental' too, old girl!!!!  And what are the qualifications for an 'old biddie'????  

Respected Contributor

My wife needs a job! Astonishing moment Prince Harry appears to tout Meghan Markle for a Disney voiceover job as he's seen explaining her credentials to Hollywood mogul Bob Iger at Lion King premiere

• On the red carpet of the Lion King premiere last July, the Duke of Sussex collared the powerful Disney chief 
  • It was revealed yesterday Meghan has signed a voiceover deal with Disney in exchange for charity donation
  • Branching into voiceovers could be a hint towards how the couple become 'financially independent 
Respected Contributor

One thing that was clearly obvious was the love and protectiveness Willian had for his little brother.  I can't see William wanting anything but happiness for Harry, which would have included whomever he married -- IF he felt that partner had Harry's best interest at heart.  

I can't help but speculate that he and Kate observed a side of Meghan that made them feel otherwise. They expressed their concerns, and BOOM, their relationship became toxic.  I've seen this before with so many couples.  And, most of the time friends and family observations were valid.  Who wants to listen, though, when blinded and deafened by love.  

Harry is clearly under Meghan's spell, but this never lasts.  I hope they're truly soulmates and I'm wrong, but if not, he's in for a world of hurt when the spell wears off.       

Trusted Contributor

Yeah, blame wicked Meghan.  Aw, come on.  Who knows what the two of them decided together?  Harry watched his mother annihilated by the media and probably saw similarities when the press started targeting Meghan.  Enough is enough.  Maybe it's Harry who wants to break free and not live under a microscope like the rest of the Royals.  He's sixth in line and will never ever be king.  I think people have made Meghan an easy mark for several reasons and anyone can come up with at least three.  I don't know what their marriage is like, but I do hope it survives this mess.  They do look happy when they're together in public and I do hope they're just as happy behind the scenes.  I think people wanted Harry to marry a Brit who had royal blood.  And how come ol' Prince Charles doesn't speak out to defend his son or did he forget he has two of them?