Valued Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan have officially left London

I would be most concerned with Frogmore COTTAGE  being in the flightpath of Heathrow....A jet flying over every three minutes!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I bet those flight paths will probably soon be changed to fly over someone else's home. 

Honored Contributor

@BettyNewbie  I read they had Frogmore sound proofed. It's probably true considering the cost of the renovations.

Honored Contributor

I am sure seclusion is wonderful after the nonstop coverage by the media...can’t blame them at all for wanting their own space and their own time with each other before the baby arrives. Their life together will never be the same again after baby Sussex arrives. Exciting!
Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

The final renovation cost was between 3.8 and  5 million.

They spent all that money to repair and make the place livable which is fine, and just as it was announced they were moving in, I read an article that said they spent $43,000 on a getaway so Meghan could be pampered by Harry.  I rest my case. 

You piqued my interest.😊   I did a quick search using that monetary amount for the couple, and it appears that Kate and William also took the opportunity for similar expensive "babymoon" getaway trips.   I just don't understand the problem...   were they also criticized soundly, or their expenses itemized in detail,  for each one?

My point was that after spending millions to almost rebuild Frogmore, and when ready to move in, it doesn't make sense to spend $43,00 for a hotel  in which to be pampered.  But that's because I have always been practical.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@BettyNewbie  I read they had Frogmore sound proofed. It's probably true considering the cost of the renovations.

yep...i read that as well....they may add a little "batting" here and there but it won't muffle it.....not to mention the earth literally rattling

Honored Contributor

@Mona_L wrote:

Why so much seclusion?  I hope they took their chefs, butlers, and "future nannies" with them ... I cannot image these two doing any manual labor.

All the volunteer work they have done, I can totally see them doing everything themselves.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Mona_L wrote:

Why so much seclusion?  I hope they took their chefs, butlers, and "future nannies" with them ... I cannot image these two doing any manual labor.

All the volunteer work they have done, I can totally see them doing everything themselves.  

I can't... First, it would be vitually impossible for them to do everything themselves. Their lifestyle almost requires assistance in a number of areas... Moreover, I don't personally believe Meghan signed on for this gig so she could do everything herself... More to the point,, 'all' the volunteer work they undertake mostly involves attending functions and speaking... Those pictures showing the royals actually 'pitching in' are, for the most part, photo ops... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Dare I say, without going into detail, that I've always thought that two brothers and their respective wives living together in the same home isn't the greatest idea.

Wishing Harry and Meghan and baby well.

Nice to have their own place.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).