Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan have officially left London

Frogmore House was built in the late 1600's and the cottage was not built until 1801.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

It amazes me that the British people are willing to have their hard earned money taxed to support the lavish life styles of the royals.  Glad we had that revolution!

Esteemed Contributor

Good for Harry and Meghan. They are close enough to London but far enough away to enjoy privacy as they are still newlyweds expecting their first baby. I'm sure that the paparazzi will try their best to sneak photos of them and their baby.

Meghan likes to cook and I'm sure that she's giving Harry a "normal" life away from all the trappings of royalty when they are living in Windsor.

Respected Contributor

@bathina wrote:

Hello magazine is reporting the couple have officially moved into their new Windsor home. They have also posted some previously  unseen photos on their new Instagram account. One shows them together in Africa in 2017.

I hope Harry and Meg will be happy in their new home. Now for baby watch.....

You believe 'HELLO" magazine and other rags? 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@bathina wrote:

Hello magazine is reporting the couple have officially moved into their new Windsor home. They have also posted some previously  unseen photos on their new Instagram account. One shows them together in Africa in 2017.

I hope Harry and Meg will be happy in their new home. Now for baby watch.....

You believe 'HELLO" magazine and other rags? 

Hello! magazine is not a mag rag. 

I've been subscribing to the Canadian version of Hello! magazine for years.

The U.K. online website is:

https://www1.hellomagazine.com/ 

and you can go to their menu and look at their other countries Hello and Hola magazine website content. I will also use Google Chrome to translate the spanish pages.

I also visit the Paris Match royal blog page too and use Google Chrome to automatically translate the french language on their website.

https://www.parismatch.com/Royal-Blog

Respected Contributor

@TY, I take all of it with a grain of salt, but this didn't sound farfetched. They were due to move to Frogmore Cottage soon. Hello also had some of the never before seen pics the Sussexes have posted to their new Instagram account. Hello is usually very positive in their coverage of the RF.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

The final renovation cost was between 3.8 and  5 million.

They spent all that money to repair and make the place livable which is fine, and just as it was announced they were moving in, I read an article that said they spent $43,000 on a getaway so Meghan could be pampered by Harry.  I rest my case. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

They spent all that money to repair and make the place livable which is fine, and just as it was announced they were moving in, I read an article that said they spent $43,000 on a getaway so Meghan could be pampered by Harry.  I rest my case. 

You piqued my interest.😊   I did a quick search using that monetary amount for the couple, and it appears that Kate and William also took the opportunity for similar expensive "babymoon" getaway trips.   I just don't understand the problem...   were they also criticized soundly, or their expenses itemized in detail,  for each one?

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

You piqued my interest.😊   I did a quick search using that monetary amount for the couple, and it appears that Kate and William also took the opportunity for similar expensive "babymoon" getaway trips.   I just don't understand the problem...   were they also criticized soundly, or their expenses itemized in detail,  for each one?

@dooBdooI do not understand the constant sneering about Meghan.  It's their life, and the Royals will do as the Royals always do.

I'm more concerned about this side of ocean.  Isn't is amazing that some bow before the Hollywood elite, oohing and ahhing over gowns and jewelry at nonsense award shows; isn't that just as wasteful?

SMH

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
QVC Customer Care