Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan have officially left London

Diana's legacy lives on through William and Harry, and their children. Remember her compassion and love for those afflicted with Aids and her undying ability to use her position helping so many people. Forever England's Rose.⚘

Honored Contributor

New baby, new home.  It's an exciting time for them.  

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Diana's legacy lives on through William and Harry, and their children. Remember her compassion and love for those afflicted with Aids and her undying ability to use her position helping so many people. Forever England's Rose.⚘

There will never be another like her @Sweet_Serenity.  I just wish back in the day we could have seen more of Prince Charles when he was relaxed.  Photo below just released today on Hello Magazine getting the boys to smile for a photo op. He was just a Dad at times and not a Prince.

Cannot wait to see Harry as a Dad will be as hands on as William.

prince charles making prince william and prince harry laugh

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 

Remember when Charles was the one who went to Paris to bring Diana back. He suited up and did the right thing. He loved Diana. She him. But, as well we know often love isn't enough. The marriage brought forth two wonderful boys. 

Charles walking Meghan up the aisle says everything about this man. He is a good man. His compassion noteworthy helping bring change through organic food sources and sustainable energy sources such as wind power. 

Because of the above mentioned role he played in Diana's return home with dignity and honor will always respect him. Plus, who am judging anyone. 

Honored Contributor

I spent a little time last night checking out Frogmore House, the new home the Queen has given the couple.  There were just a few interior views but it appears to be decorated in the usual stuffy British style with flower painted ceilings and walls, lots of molding, chandeliers, heavy draperies, uncomfortable looking furniture.

Then the article I was reading mentioned they'd hired a decorator and showed some of her work.  It was a clone of what Joanna Gaines does....the country look with natural materials, lots of neutrals, rough wood, kind of dark.  I'm sure there was shiplap and subway tile in there somewhere.  Its going to be interesting to see the result, if we ever do see it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 they will be living at Frogmore Cottage, which had been made into apartments for staff. Harry and Meghan had their wedding reception at Frogmore House, which is on the grounds where the Sussex 's will live.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@beckyb1012 

Remember when Charles was the one who went to Paris to bring Diana back. He suited up and did the right thing. He loved Diana. She him. But, as well we know often love isn't enough. The marriage brought forth two wonderful boys. 

Charles walking Meghan up the aisle says everything about this man. He is a good man. His compassion noteworthy helping bring change through organic food sources and sustainable energy sources such as wind power. 

Because of the above mentioned role he played in Diana's return home with dignity and honor will always respect him. Plus, who am judging anyone. 

@Sweet_Serenity 

Diana received a majority of the attention when the boys were young, and Charles came off stiff and non caring. Over the years, I believe we judged him too harshly. Charles appears to be a wonderful man with flaws, who amongst us have none? He truly loves his sons and them him. The boys love of him, those emotions  can't be faked.

Honored Contributor

There were problems on both sides and neither of them were saints. In the end they forgave each other, and moved on with their lives

I am glad Charles found happiness ,and I am only sorry, Diana didn't live long enough, to find it too

Just think ,if they had never been together ,their country wouldn't have had the two fine young men ,and their spouses ,and children they do. So, it wasn't all just waste, some good did come from it

Honored Contributor

harry-meghan-t1.jpg

Honored Contributor

I just watched a DVD, about an old estate Charles rescued for posterity. He signed  a 20 million pound ,note to rescue it using the Princes Trust ,to secure the loan.

I can't recall the name of the house, but, it was filled with period antiques that came with the house. They have turned it into a beautiful place ,for weddings/receptions , and meetings ,and tourists dollars

Doing  this has turned an extremely impoverished area, around and given people jobs in catering, hospitality, horticulture, building trades( they are building home on some of the acreage. It has really been a big boost to the area, and a lovely bit of their history and culture has been saved, and people pitched in to repay the loan with dinners, and donations. wealthy patrons reached deep into their pockets to help

I think he does a lot , quietly, to help causes he believes in ,and many people have been given help ,through his trust fund