Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

[ Edited ]

The royals are big business, almost the only business, for the media in the UK. Most of them are just rags.....with unflattering photos, erroneous headlines,and judgemental articles. As long as people are eager to hear this stuff, they will not go away. Good for Harry for taking a stand, although the paparazzi will always be lurking out there.

Honored Contributor

Interesting timing. Stay tune! There is more drama surrounding this couple. Meanwhile instead of news reports focused on SA about this mess. Simply because someone files a lawsuit doesn't mean anything. Stay tune. 

Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

First we have The Mythology of Diana that has taken root since her death, and now folks are trying to turn Meaghan's father into the Patron Saint of Dads.  

And many of the people here are estranged from their family members. Imagine how they feel?

Honored Contributor

Meghan seems to be savvy enough to know she should never have written a letter to him that would be his to sell, post, or share with the public. A phone call or even better, a face to face meeting would have better and more private.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains inappropriate language

Honored Contributor

Some of us can be grateful that these two will be decreasingly relevant and, with time, there will likely, and hopefully, be less and less coverage of their exploits... While the American press might do its best to try to continue to instill interest in them, one might assume that as William and Kate become more and more central to the royal family and as their children grow older, they, for better or worse for them, will bear the increasing brunt of the British press, while interest in H&M declines... They'll never go completely away but will, one can hope, become like a modern day version of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, always of some interest but rarely, if ever, front page news... More to the point, no matter how some might try to paint her, MM never has and never will begin to approach Diana as a true focus of either the people's or the media's interest... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:
Meghan seems to be savvy enough to know she should never have written a letter to him that would be his to sell, post, or share with the public. A phone call or even better, a face to face meeting would have better and more private.

"dad......i am coming for a  visit. would love to see you and speak with you about everything that is going on.....in my life, in your life, in our families lives.....it would be nice to heal."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Personally, I would be upset if I wrote a letter to my dad and he handed over to some newspaper to print so he could get paid.  I would not be talking to my dad either.  It seems that the some papers are always criticizing Meghan and it is unfair.  How do these papers justify their actions when they don't know the person and constantly put them down.   I am on Harry and Meghan's side on this one.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

Can't say I have followed this too closely....just looked at the daily mail link posted...and it sure seems to me that Meghan's letter was spot on!  It reveals the awful pain her father's selfish and insensitive behavior has caused her.  And then he goes and sells it to the press and wonders why he has ruined his relationship with her?  

He is mentally disturbed for sure....

if meghans letter was spot on and shows how hurt and in pain she is, then why would they want to sue the daily mail? wouldnt this look GOOD and in her favor?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Announced today that Harry is suing 2 other tabloids for listening in on phone conversations.