Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

[ Edited ]

@Sweet_Serenity  I saw your temporary post.  Agree.  

Ahhhhhhaaa....there it is!

Honored Contributor

My motto is never put anything online or on paper that you wouldn’t want the world to see because that’s where we are at these days....nothing private.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd 

No doubt whatsoever! The Firm, Is in damage control over-load. These two are a handful. Rest assured, This won't be the last time. 😁

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

It's about time.  The Royal Family traditionally does not "fight back".  Well, it's time they did and stopped the relentless media spin that goes on.

Despite the successful African tour, there will continue to be negative stories and untruths published, mostly directed at Meghan.  There needs to be a stop to it once and for all.

Harry is not going to sit idly by and watch the media destroy Meghan's life the way they did his mother's.

2017 Will and Kate won $200,000 in their lawsuit against TMZ for the topless photos of Kate.

Princess Diana reached some kind of settlement with the Daily Mirror for the photos of her exercising.

The Queen sued the Sun in 1988 and again in the early 90's.  They do fight sometimes.  However, in this case I do not believe the letter was owned by Meghan and definitely not by Harry.  Her father is despicable but it just makes me think that once you put your trash on the curb it belongs to whoever wants it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Has the letter been published?  Or is Harry suing to stop them from printing it?  

Slightly O/T, but I recently saw that show on HGTV w/Chip and Joanna Gaines and she reminds me of Mehgan so much (in looks).

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Has the letter been published?  Or is Harry suing to stop them from printing it?  

Slightly O/T, but I recently saw that show on HGTV w/Chip and Joanna Gaines and she reminds me of Mehgan so much (in looks).

it has been published in the DAILY MAIL.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6686817/Letter-showing-true-tragedy-Meghan-Markles-rift-fat...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I don’t know who wronged who but I think Meghan is not proud of the man her dad has become and she would prefer that he stayed out of her life.

I don’t think she has that much to do with any family members from her side..also sad.I hope that she can some day accept her family so they can have time to love and know Archie.

Honored Contributor

I would think (without reading any responses) a letter to someone

would be considered a ‘gift’.  And the lawsuit would be between

the sender & recipient. 

Respected Contributor

In the statement from Harry posted here, he says the Mail edited the letter. If you're going to publish a letter, why leave out pieces of it or change it around?
Respected Contributor

Bad publicity doesn't appear to have bothered Harry much in the past. Things like wearing a tee shirt with a large swastika to a costume party or for whatever reason was despicable in my book. My mother and all of my maternal relatives living in England sought safety in shelters when the German forces bombed and killed many Brits. Then the pictures of him prancing around naked at a strip poker party appeared to also be amusing to him. He didn't sue his friends or the media when the pictures were made public. He needs to cool it. He's just making matters worse by creating publicity about Meghan's detractors.