Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I wonder why she doesn't call her dad or go visit him instead of writing letters like that.

Probably because he's a jerk. If my father ever treated me like he's done her, I wouldn't call or visit him, either.

If she feels that way, then why bother writing him letters? What's she trying to do? Weird.

@Daisy Sunflower 

i find it weird also.

i also dont blame it all on him either.

there is a lot more to the dynamics of that relationship than we can ever know.

why didnt she just go and spend some time with him and hash it out instead of writing a letter? they could have grown closer or chosen to break ties and be done with it.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Oh good gravy, more drama involving these two... I agree with you @sunshine45, once sent, the letter belongs to the recipient. Whether or not he should have sold it to the media isn't the issue. It was his to do with as he pleased... MM might not be a media darling and she might indeed be a target, of sorts, but the comparisons to the extreme media hounding of Diana are getting a bit tedious... Night and day.... Frivolous but not so hard to believe, considering this duo... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Wonder if her majesty would consider new titles... The Duke and Duchess of Drama... and Harry might just prove to be the bigger drama hound of the two...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

What is so sad is that it was Meghan's father who paid for her to go to college.  It was him who took care of her everyday after school before she left for college.  She spent everyday at his place of work and according to her, she adored her father.

Something went terribly wrong after she met Harry and because we don't know how Meghan thinks, we will never now for sure what made her turn against him.  I don't believe it was all the problems that were created just prior to the wedding, it had to have started before that.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

What is so sad is that it was Meghan's father who paid for her to go to college.  It was him who took care of her everyday after school before she left for college.  She spent everyday at his place of work and according to her, she adored her father.

Something went terribly wrong after she met Harry and because we don't know how Meghan thinks, we will never now for sure what made her turn against him.  I don't believe it was all the problems that were created just prior to the wedding, it had to have started before that.

Meghan and her father's relationship seemed to have been going down hill way before Harry was in the picture.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

I agree with you @Lindsays Grandma there is more to the story. During the brief period they dated she never introduced her father to Harry. She did introduce her mother, and by Meghan's own admission they were getting along. I think Diana's death left such a void in Harry he thinks by going after the press now he will somehow heal that wound. It is a mess!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

he has hurt her.

she has hurt him.

i dont know who really started it. i am just looking at this from a father/daughter perspective and not from a "royal perspective."

it is a shame that it has come down to this instead of them meeting in person and trying to work through their relationship.

the letter was from about 14 months ago.

once she sent that letter, the letter was his.....so i would say that HE owns the letter.

i think the lawsuit is ridiculous.

Particularly since the queen and publications were giving and or going to give congratulations for a great job done in Africa.  And along came Harry who as one publisher said 'and mucked it up."  Everything up to that point was 100% for the Duke and Duchess. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sushismom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I wonder why she doesn't call her dad or go visit him instead of writing letters like that.

Probably because he's a jerk. If my father ever treated me like he's done her, I wouldn't call or visit him, either.

Megan has not been very nice to her father either.  She lied and said he worked her way through college when in fact, her father paid for private schooling for her, plus he paid for her college education.  She is very ungrateful and although her father isn't perfect, he seems to love her.

At one time, I thought she was better than sliced bread, but no more.  There is something shady about her. The more I learn, the more uncomfortable with her I get.

She appears to have no friends except the those in the elite Hollywood crowd...why no childhood or college friends? I don't think her so called Hollywood friends would even bat tan eye in her direction if she wasn't married to Harry.

She spent most of her life with her father, even though she claims to have lived with her mother. She  was caught in that lie when she said she spent everyday after school for 10 years with her father on the set of Married with Children...now only her mother seems wto be in the picture...I am okay with that, but how strange that her mother was the only family member at her wedding.  Her mother's extended family seem to be nice people, why were they excluded?  

I am a pretty good judge of character and I am just not comfortable with her.  Megan is all about Megan.  She is into the status, the money and all the other perks of being married to a famous rich man.  

I often wondered why William told his brother that she was not the one.  I think William has better sense than Harry.

She is an American and I was proud and happy for her, her good fortune and happiness, but I just can't can't bring myself to feel  that way about her again.

I know my opinion will not be a popular one as most here seem to be in love with her.  The best thing I can say about her is I am glad she is not my daughter-in-law.

BTW, her father grew up and went to,high school close to wear I live. He  and his family were well liked by the community.  He doesn't seem to be  a bad person, but a frustrated  and hurt father instead

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Sushismom wrote:

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

Megan has not been very nice to her father either.  She lied and said he worked her way through college when in fact, her father paid for private schooling for her, plus he paid for her college education.  She is very ungrateful and although her father isn't perfect, he seems to love her.

At one time, I thought she was better than sliced bread, but no more.  There is something shady about her. The more I learn, the more uncomfortable with her I get.

She appears to have no friends except the those in the elite Hollywood crowd...why no childhood or college friends? I don't think her so called Hollywood friends would even bat tan eye in her direction if she wasn't married to Harry.

She spent most of her life with her father, even though she claims to have lived with her mother. She  was caught in that lie when she said she spent everyday after school for 10 years with her father on the set of Married with Children...now only her mother seems wto be in the picture...I am okay with that, but how strange that her mother was the only family member at her wedding.  Her mother's extended family seem to be nice people, why were they excluded?  

I am a pretty good judge of character and I am just not comfortable with her.  Megan is all about Megan.  She is into the status, the money and all the other perks of being married to a famous rich man.  

I often wondered why William told his brother that she was not the one.  I think William has better sense than Harry.

She is an American and I was proud and happy for her, her good fortune and happiness, but I just can't can't bring myself to feel  that way about her again.

I know my opinion will not be a popular one as most here seem to be in love with her.  The best thing I can say about her is I am glad she is not my daughter-in-law.

BTW, her father grew up and went to,high school close to wear I live. He  and his family were well liked by the community.  He doesn't seem to be  a bad person, but a frustrated  and hurt father instead

Where are you getting all of this garbage gossip from? Trash magazines and websites?  Always verify your sources before posting.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Her Dad has been a nitwit since day one. I can see where that nasty half sister gets her gall from. They would sell their mother's underwear for a nickle

As far as drama goes, it looks to me like Harry is the Drama Queen. I have a hunch he is listening to the pr people they are using, who are not Brits, and I think that is a huge mistake..Harry has gone Hollywood..It is a pity, because they can do so much good for the country.  Harry has always been spoiled. I think Megan probably has little to say about the Royal side of things..In one interview I saw ,before they were married, Megan had a thought to share  , Harry cut her off saying , they were asking me..I don't think he likes anyone to steal his thunder or the limelight

I like them both, and I hope they can get back on track if they are going to serve Queen and country.