Super Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

@Mlsg  Of course you (and everyone) are entitled to an opinion. I would never suggest otherwise.

But we need to apply the same rule to the press. I wouldn't take the word of one friend or family member on the political situation in the US any more than I would listen to one network or any one particular media outlet before forming an opinion.

I don't recommend the British tabloids; they are very opinionated as far as a perspective that will get them the most clicks.

I have family in London and it is amazing to me just how one sided most of the media is after speaking to them at length about what is going on in the eyes of the English citizenry.

I apologize if you took offense. I just meant to suggest that no single source can necessarily give a well-rounded accunt.

Valued Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@Mlsg  Of course you (and everyone) are entitled to an opinion. I would never suggest otherwise.

But we need to apply the same rule to the press. I wouldn't take the word of one friend or family member on the political situation in the US any more than I would listen to one network or any one particular media outlet before forming an opinion.

I don't recommend the British tabloids; they are very opinionated as far as a perspective that will get them the most clicks.

I have family in London and it is amazing to me just how one sided most of the media is after speaking to them at length about what is going on in the eyes of the English citizenry.

I apologize if you took offense. I just meant to suggest that no single source can necessarily give a well-rounded accunt.

@AussieLuvr 

Thank you for apologize but you don't need to do so. It's just matter of different opinion and preferences. Believe me I read a lot her and there ,different press, different info.Information which  deserves have attention and does not again according to me. I am very careful what I posted here. This former press secretary sounds to me very credible. He was not completely on Harry side. Said some things what not to be done the way it was done.But he said about a lot useful info. He talk about copyright which is belong to her, I did not understand why in that moment when I read this. I guess I missed post #36. It was very interesting to read this one. Anyway like I said I am done with this.

i just want to say that I'm from Europe myself, lived there a lot of years, nothing new for me.

Valued Contributor

Just want to say sorry for all this mistakes. Sometimes my brain goes faster than my fingers and sometime my iPad has own wishes and life.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think the truth usually lies 1/2 between each side, sometimes it even overlaps, but that is rare....I think this is so sad, because each side may never recover from the damage, or reconcile

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

hard to believe that meghan wrote this about her dad only about five years ago.....

2014: In a post for Father’s Day, she wrote about “our club sandwich and fruit smoothie tradition post my tap & ballet class—classes, which by the way, he religiously took me to on Saturday mornings after working 75+ hours a week as a lighting director.” He put “gas in my car when I went from audition to audition trying to make it as an actress,” she wrote, and “believed in this grand dream of mine well before I could even see it as a possibility.” She lauded “the blood, sweat and tears this man (who came from so little in a small town in Pennsylvania, where Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and Spam) invested in my future so that I could grow up and have so much.” Tom would later describe her in similarly admiring terms, saying “my daughter has been a princess since the day she was born.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/12/inside-the-meghan-markle-family-breakdown-thomas-samantha-m...

@sunshine45...A lot to read but well worth it.  There is more to Harry and Meghan we will ever know and because there were many lies it is impossible to ever know the truth.  Harry acted before he gave it a lot of thought and has now started another round of they did, he did, she did.  I'm sure the queen is not happy with his latest outburst.

From Piers Morgan's article, I got the impression the queen/palace didn't know Harry and wife were going forward with this lawsuit.  Piers wrote, "Particularly as we swiftly learned that they didn't tell anyone at Buckingham Palace about it."  

Respected Contributor

From Piers Morgan's article, I got the impression the queen/palace didn't know Harry and wife were going forward with this lawsuit.  Piers wrote, "Particularly as we swiftly learned that they didn't tell anyone at Buckingham Palace about it."  

What was his source for that assertion?

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

Piers didn't cite his source for that particular assertion in the article in which he did make some very good points.
Honored Contributor

Why is Piers Morgan spouting off about any of this?  🤮.   He's despicable.

Honored Contributor

There is no disputing the fact that Harry has, on more than one occasion, spoken on the environment and the need for everyone to minimize their carbon footprint.

There no disputing that he and Meghan used four private jets in the space of 11 days. None of those flights were necessary or meant for the greater good; all were personal holidays.

He publicly claimed they were needed to insure his family's safety. Well, it seems that William, Kate, and their children trusted royal security to keep them safe and that family includes two future kings. 

To me, that was an insult to the royal security force. I find that disrespectful and appalling.

There's much more but, that alone is enough to paint them as self indulgent posers.

Honored Contributor

@tansy Piers is spouting off about this because he is allowed to express his opinion about Harry and Meghan just as you are allowed to express yours that Piers is despicable. Fortunately for him, his job allows him to do so to a wide audience. He is English so IMO he has even more of a right to express his opinion about the royals than we do here in America where they really dont affect us at all. I find your comment yo be quite odd. Just because you dont like Piers he shouldn't write what he thinks about Harry and Meghan?