Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

[ Edited ]

Any dad who would sell, or release private or personal correspondence fro family...especially his daughter or son to the press is a jerk in my eyes.  People don't just start to turn on someone out of the blue.  There probably was trouble between the dad and Megan long before Harry.  The dad is a jerk, a real looser in the way he acts.  Maybe he has a right to his feelings, but geesh man up.    The humble manly thing to do would be to handle your problems in private.  I bet had they dealt with each other in private  from the beginning the two would have worked things out.  He is the parent.  Kids can be difficult.  There is always a reason.  For all we know she may be the bigger person.   Just because he paid for college doesn't give him a right to hang on to grudges in public.  In Private, have at it.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings, anger, hurt.   man up.  What  a blubbering cry baby of a man, Imo

also, in the law suit Harry has charged  the media hacked or took something off his cell phone.  It is his wife, he loves her.  He knows what goes on in private.  I see him to be a decent human, he wouldnt make up these charges for nothing,  concidering who he is and the consequences. This isnt something the Royal family pursues.  Their is more to the story. They are ver much in love.  The spotlight is brutal, just cruel.  I think people are too hard on her.  If he loves her so much, and is man enough to stand up for her and their family he has good in him.  If he is a good person, I trust the woman he loves is good to.  What has she done to be hated so much.  What??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I haven't read any of this until I read this thread.  So, after careful consideration, I think the thing that stands out to me is, what's wrong with:

Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and Spam?  Woman Wink

Besides that most important point, me being a huge protector of and advocate for Spam,  how could you sue some media source for publishing a letter you sent to someone? After you mail it, you don't own it, you have no right to it.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I haven't read any of this until I read this thread.  So, after careful consideration, I think the thing that stands out to me is, what's wrong with:

Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and Spam?  Woman Wink

Besides that most important point, me being a huge protector of and advocate for Spam,  how could you sue some media source for publishing a letter you sent to someone? After you mail it, you don't own it, you have no right to it.    

@Sooner,  see post #36.  British law applies not U.S. law.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@shoekitty 

Just wanted to say that we are discussing public figures.  People will have their opinions based on actions they have seen and stories read.  Not "liking" someone's actions, not having admiration for someone, critiquing them for statements they make or things they do....does not mean a person HATES them.

Hate is way too strong a word.  I doubt very seriously anyone here wishes them any ill will, dire luck, or eternal damnation.  

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner,  see post #36.  British law applies not U.S. law.

@Marp Law or not law, it gets more publicity for the contents of the letter, and draws far more attention to it.  That the law doesn't control. . . 

Super Contributor

@Mlsg If a person is going to form an opinion I think it is important to do some reading and get several perspectives.

Certain TV networks are known to be pro-MM and some are known to be the opposite. I include myself in this - if a person sees or hears one account, that account may or may not be skewed.

We owe it to ourselves to be well informed. This applies to all of the stuff going on in the news.

Not dissing you and what you heard and saw, but I myself have taken a news report to heart, only to find out there was far, far more to the story when I started reading from several sources.

Valued Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@Mlsg If a person is going to form an opinion I think it is important to do some reading and get several perspectives.

Certain TV networks are known to be pro-MM and some are known to be the opposite. I include myself in this - if a person sees or hears one account, that account may or may not be skewed.

We owe it to ourselves to be well informed. This applies to all of the stuff going on in the news.

Not dissing you and what you heard and saw, but I myself have taken a news report to heart, only to find out there was far, far more to the story when I started reading from several sources.

@AussieLuvr 

Thank you for you4 opinion but I have different one. We all allowed to have one yes?

i read "diiferent sides" a lot and did not find them credible enough to post her. I saw a lot of this garbage ( sorry ) post already. I posted what I think it's credible enough.

And like I post already everybody believe what they want to believe accirding th their all opinion and it's easy find proof to this believe in the different kind of press.

Valued Contributor

Forgot to add than I am done with this.I am not gonna arguing with people who see just they want to see.

I just will see the court opinion.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Any dad who would sell, or release private or personal correspondence fro family...especially his daughter or son to the press is a jerk in my eyes.  People don't just start to turn on someone out of the blue.  There probably was trouble between the dad and Megan long before Harry.  The dad is a jerk, a real looser in the way he acts.  Maybe he has a right to his feelings, but geesh man up.    The humble manly thing to do would be to handle your problems in private.  I bet had they dealt with each other in private  from the beginning the two would have worked things out.  He is the parent.  Kids can be difficult.  There is always a reason.  For all we know she may be the bigger person.   Just because he paid for college doesn't give him a right to hang on to grudges in public.  In Private, have at it.  Everyone is entitled to their feelings, anger, hurt.   man up.  What  a blubbering cry baby of a man, Imo

also, in the law suit Harry has charged  the media hacked or took something off his cell phone.  It is his wife, he loves her.  He knows what goes on in private.  I see him to be a decent human, he wouldnt make up these charges for nothing,  concidering who he is and the consequences. This isnt something the Royal family pursues.  Their is more to the story. They are ver much in love.  The spotlight is brutal, just cruel.  I think people are too hard on her.  If he loves her so much, and is man enough to stand up for her and their family he has good in him.  If he is a good person, I trust the woman he loves is good to.  What has she done to be hated so much.  What??

Well said @shoekitty . Any dad who had a problem with drugs and alcohol in their past, could easily slip back into their old ways and Meghan is probably protecting herself. Her dad won the lottery...$750,000 so he decided to spend a little money on his daughter for college. How many parents help their kids out without throwing it back into their faces years later?

According to the principles of Al-Anon, Meghan is doing everything right. I applaud her for remaining strong and making sure that she is protective of her son from the chaos her dad seems to thrive on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@alicedee wrote:

I'm not a fan of Piers, but that doesn't mean he never has a correct idea.

Exactly... but some only want the perspective that supports their already decided upon narrative... I just thought I'd mention it for those who truly are of an open mind and might be interested in another point of view, realizing that the 'truth' usually falls somewhere in the middle...

I know slander when I see it and Piers Morgan gets off on it. He has no use for Harry and Meghan and he will continue his assault on both of them every chance he gets.

Speaking of already decided upon narrative and an open mind. Try reading something positive about Meghan and Harry and then get back to me... The two of them are doing a lot for charity, somehow that seems to have gotten lost in the dialogue.

Have read items clearly designed to bestow halos upon the duo and items clearly designed to rip them the proverbial new one... As already noted, the truth generally lies somewhere in the middle... No real need to highlight their charity work, as some here seem to feel that's what they do from sun up to sun down and frequently say so... All the royal family (not even to mention many private individuals) undertake a significant volume of good works... Not sure their efforts are any more impressive than the rest, though they certainly garner their share of attention... There now, as requested, just wanted to get back to you...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...