Valued Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

@Sushismom wrote:

I sincerely doubt anyone here worships the Royals. I know I don't. I'm interested in them but that's about it. Nor do I believe being interested in them hurts my feelings for those in my own country. Ridiculous.

Didn't say anyone on this board worships the Royals.  Just in general. 

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.

-Rumi
Honored Contributor

hard to believe that meghan wrote this about her dad only about five years ago.....

2014: In a post for Father’s Day, she wrote about “our club sandwich and fruit smoothie tradition post my tap & ballet class—classes, which by the way, he religiously took me to on Saturday mornings after working 75+ hours a week as a lighting director.” He put “gas in my car when I went from audition to audition trying to make it as an actress,” she wrote, and “believed in this grand dream of mine well before I could even see it as a possibility.” She lauded “the blood, sweat and tears this man (who came from so little in a small town in Pennsylvania, where Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and Spam) invested in my future so that I could grow up and have so much.” Tom would later describe her in similarly admiring terms, saying “my daughter has been a princess since the day she was born.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/12/inside-the-meghan-markle-family-breakdown-thomas-samantha-m...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Suziepeach wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/she-was-calculated-megahn-markles-first-...

@Suziepeach...Very interesting article, thanks for sharing.  None of it surprised me, I certainly can see the calculating part of her.  It appears she hurt quite a few people.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

hard to believe that meghan wrote this about her dad only about five years ago.....

2014: In a post for Father’s Day, she wrote about “our club sandwich and fruit smoothie tradition post my tap & ballet class—classes, which by the way, he religiously took me to on Saturday mornings after working 75+ hours a week as a lighting director.” He put “gas in my car when I went from audition to audition trying to make it as an actress,” she wrote, and “believed in this grand dream of mine well before I could even see it as a possibility.” She lauded “the blood, sweat and tears this man (who came from so little in a small town in Pennsylvania, where Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and Spam) invested in my future so that I could grow up and have so much.” Tom would later describe her in similarly admiring terms, saying “my daughter has been a princess since the day she was born.”

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2018/12/inside-the-meghan-markle-family-breakdown-thomas-samantha-m...

This was an interesting article.

Respected Contributor

I also highly doubt people "in general" worship the Royals. There's a huge difference between being interested in them and worshipping them. Perhaps, though, some don't understand the difference.

Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Suziepeach wrote:

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/royals/she-was-calculated-megahn-markles-first-...

@Suziepeach...Very interesting article, thanks for sharing.  None of it surprised me, I certainly can see the calculating part of her.  It appears she hurt quite a few people.  

This was originally from a British tabloid. Grain of salt, perhaps?

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Some of us can be grateful that these two will be decreasingly relevant and, with time, there will likely, and hopefully, be less and less coverage of their exploits... While the American press might do its best to try to continue to instill interest in them, one might assume that as William and Kate become more and more central to the royal family and as their children grow older, they, for better or worse for them, will bear the increasing brunt of the British press, while interest in H&M declines... They'll never go completely away but will, one can hope, become like a modern day version of the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, always of some interest but rarely, if ever, front page news... More to the point, no matter how some might try to paint her, MM never has and never will begin to approach Diana as a true focus of either the people's or the media's interest... 

@stevieb...Bravo, as always, well said.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

@stevieb...I am a Piers Morgan fan and his article was spot on.  What I like about Piers Morgan is that he says it the way it is in his articles and that is why a lot of people don't like him.  The truth hurts...

Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Piers Morgan's assessment of this debacle in the Daily Mail is quite interesting and appears to be pretty spot on... Worth reading... whether one likes him or not... He makes many valid points, not the least of which is that for Harry to invoke Diana is just well beyond ridiculous... He goes on from there also noting his original intent, prior to Harry's diatribe, was to praise them for their recent trip...

@stevieb...I am a Piers Morgan fan and his article was spot on.  What I like about Piers Morgan is that he says it the way it is in his articles and that is why a lot of people don't like him.  The truth hurts...

I read his article a couple of days ago.  I agree that he made several valid points.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@sunshine45...A lot to read but well worth it.  There is more to Harry and Meghan we will ever know and because there were many lies it is impossible to ever know the truth.  Harry acted before he gave it a lot of thought and has now started another round of they did, he did, she did.  I'm sure the queen is not happy with his latest outburst.