Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and David - Have you ever ordered?

Many of their offerings are delicious, some are ordinary. Their presentation is wonderful for a splashy-looking gift. But you will pay through the nose for any of it, and then pay top dollar more for shipping. It’s a status gift to give and receive. In general, I like them and feel their service is good, but the are overpriced for many if not most items, trading on their cachet in the marketplace.

As fot the Royal Riviera pears, they can be huge, juicy and delicious, or smaller and kinda bunged-looking - it depends on how much you spend and which ones you choose. The Cream of the Crop box is $37 for six pears, and they will be gorgeous. The “maverick” pears are the “seconds” and are $27 for nine.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I have never ordered from them but my mom in law ordered from them for years for gifts to us. 

the fruit was really sweet and huge . 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've ordered directly from their cataog years ago.  Used to have the monthly fruit delivered to my mother.

High quality, nicely packaged.  Excellent products.

Honored Contributor

I just ordered a 1 lb fruitcake from them because they have free shp. Saved me 8 bucks and no tax. Free shp is just good till the 25th by the way.