Honored Contributor

Harry and David - Have you ever ordered?

I placed an order from Harry and David which I was under the impression is very good but I really do not know.  I ordered pears and some side snacks.  This is a gift and being directly to my friends.  Does anyone have experience with this company and the quality of their products?  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and David - Have you ever ordered?

I get an assortment every Christmas from a relative, and it has always been good. My box usually has pears, cheese, crackers, nuts and candy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I order from them frequently and visit their stores all the time.

In fact I have a box of their pears in the refrigerator right now. I REALLY like their Dill Mustard (I buy 4 at a time). I also like their Pepper and Onion Relish. Mix it with cream cheese - YUM! Chocolate cover cherries - I could eat the whole package. 

I have a whole shelf of their products. 

Hope they like them.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  Yes, every year I would order pears for my mom and my aunt.  I've also sent fruit baskets and even an amaryllis plant that was beautiful.  All were well received and appreciated.  I highly recommend H&D.

Respected Contributor

I receive a package from them every Christmas from my cousin and it is always very good.  Only once, when she ordered a package with pears, that the some of the pears were already over ripe and not good.   Otherwise all of their foods are great.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd,   @drizzellla,   Thank you both so much.  You really put my mind at lease.  I had read one review that said the pears were mushy and another that they were delicious.  Once may friend receives the gift, I want her to tell me the quality of her gift.   I decided to send my Aunt a philosophy gift that I thought she would enjoy -- Snow Angel 3-in-1 and body lotion.  She is in her 90's but you would never know it.

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I have ordered their pears as gifts for friends and family at Christmas, and I have received gifts from them too.  The pears are excellent - my favorite thing to get or give from them.  Only one year were the pears overripe, but I called the company and they sent out a replacement immediately.  They stand behind their products and have excellent customer service. 

You may also want to try ordering from Wolferman's.  I buy delicious English muffins from them, and their prices are very reasonable. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm always excited when I receive a gift package from Harry and David, and I've also shopped their store and love their products. I could eat a gallon of their Moose Munch! And their relishes that can be mixed with cream cheese are superb as a spread for crackers. You can feel confident you ordered from a reputable company!

Trusted Contributor

my husband LOVES their milk and dark chocolate truffles.

Honored Contributor

Yes, for a long, long time. NEVER disappointed. Love their products.