Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

@Linmo wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@dulwichmy British friend, thanks for confirming

@SandySparkles. H&M first and foremost want a celebrity life and wealth and a luxurious existence (see the properties they have lived in since leaving England). I think that is first and foremost their priorities with charitable work ---well publicized in their interest of fame and glory -- there somewhere but not first and foremost. We aren't talking Mother Theresa and Gandhi here.

@Pearlee We're not talking Jack the Ripper or Bonnie and Clyde either.  They are constantly villianized for the personal choices that they've made, which none of us knows the reason for.  @SandySparkles I also wish them peace, health, happiness and success.

While I personally find some of their choices questionable, I think for many some of the dislike isn't just about their 'choices' but the way they actualized their choices, and the plotting and scheming that seemed to be a part of the process... I wish them no harm but don't wish them success. I don't think they've done a thing to earn it...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

All is right with the world.

Yet again, another Meghan/Harry bashfest with the usual suspects. 

I mentioned someone should start one yesterday when so many were complaining about Covid threads.  Like magic, it appears!

Thanks for the smile. Smiley Happy

Glad you're enjoying it... It is a refreshing change, isn't it, from all the graphs and charts, the numbers debates and the never ending commentary about masks... 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I just watched the link ‘video’  on thread  entitled The Opportunityy On among friends and I do not know who the lady is on the video but her views, given at length, are what lots of Brits are expressing re H & M.  But this is the first time I have seen this type of news from U.K.

p.s. DH has received parcel today  a copy of Lady C book sent to him ‘for  his comments’ he just told me!  

@dulwich  Can you please clarify what video you watched. Perhaps I'm being thick, but your post is unclear to me...

Honored Contributor

They'll have to get jobs.  They have a child to support.  So they'll trot around the globe asking to speak on anything.  I can't see universities shelling out big bucks for them to speak.  So perhaps other places.

Respected Contributor

I don't know why people care about them or defend them. They bore me! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
I don't think the timing if signing with this agency is coincidental. That favorable-to-them book is coming out in early August, Finding Freedom.

Of course, they're hoping the pro-them book will be a big success, garner lots of sympathy and support, and then they can ride its coat tails with this agency scheduling them to drop their many, many pearls of wisdom upon the great unwashed... I wouldn't buy that book if it was the only one available... Again, they have no valid collective experience I believe I would find of value... Moreover, it's beginning to be a little ridiculous how much slack some are willing to cut this 'young' couple as they 'find their way'... For purposes of clarity, we are NOT talking about a couple of 20-somethings here... Both are pushing 40 and should most likely more or less have a clue about 'their way' by now... 'Their way' seems clear... They want to milk every source of revenue they can and do as little in return for it as possible...

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb About the video.....check out the thread in Among Friends called The Opportunity.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Among-Friends/The-Opportunity/td-p/6328495

Honored Contributor

Yes that's the one. With Lady Colin Campbell, she'scthe Lady C.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb  If you go to Among Friends thread entitled The Opportunity posted by Dinaki  - first post - she has posted a linkthat just says  ‘video’click on that.  It is not about Lady C book just news/gossip.

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They'll have to get jobs.  They have a child to support.  So they'll trot around the globe asking to speak on anything.  I can't see universities shelling out big bucks for them to speak.  So perhaps other places.

@songbirdTheir "job" is done.  They created a foundation, the new revenue stream for the wanna-be rich and newly famous, especially those with few marketable skills except talking for money.

Keepin' it real.