Respected Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

[ Edited ]

I just watched the link ‘video’  on thread  entitled The Opportunityy On among friends and I do not know who the lady is on the video but her views, given at length, are what lots of Brits are expressing re H & M.  But this is the first time I have seen this type of news from U.K.

p.s. DH has received parcel today  a copy of Lady C book sent to him ‘for  his comments’ he just told me!  

Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I'm not specifically talking about these two.  However, I will say that one of my pet peeves would be when someone (anyone) talks to me about a subject (like poverty) when they've never experienced any part of it.

I do enjoy listening to both sides of a subject, but only when it comes from those who have experience the subject.

With those two I would think most people would initially tune in to hear 'the inside scoop' of what it's like to have everything spoon fed to you.

--------

Harry, of course, was born Royal, but, that certainly wasn't his choice, nor was the lifestyle his family provided, growing up. 

I've never had the impression that Meghan was poor, but, I also never got an impression, she came from privilege, much less, wealth.  

It sounds like she came from a pretty ordinary, middle class upbringing, went on to earn a college degree, and found some moderate success, in the entertainment industry, earning her own living.

I also hope, that we don't have to experience poverty, to care about those who do.  

@SuhseK  No, and it isn't what was said. It was talking about something (for money in this case) that the one talking hadn't experienced. Think a man talking about childbirth. 

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

All is right with the world.

Yet again, another Meghan/Harry bashfest with the usual suspects. 

I mentioned someone should start one yesterday when so many were complaining about Covid threads.  Like magic, it appears!

Thanks for the smile. Smiley Happy

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee My points are credible. You used one extreme of Mother Theresa and Gandhi and I used the other.  

Esteemed Contributor

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Oh for the love of Mike (whoever he is).  Here we go again.  I don't know them, they don't owe me money, they've never done anything to hurt me and heaven forbid they make money to survive (which is really not an issue at all).  

Stay safe, social distance and wear a mask.  Good night!

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl. No need to be confused so I'll explain. They are hypocrites.

@dulwich Yikes on DH getting Lady C's book for his comments. IMO she is too extreme about what she says. Already what she said about Meghan at Charles'
70th birthday celebration has been pretty much disproven.
Honored Contributor

@Mersha It's OK for people to dislike them, they've given people plenty of reason to. I don't know why you are so bothered that a lot of people's opinion about them differs from yours.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner ...You couldn't have said it better.  I will be the first to admit I am not a fan and Harry, well, he has made a huge mistake that I hope he won't regret.  I feel bad for the royal family and as far as Archie is concerned, he won't know his cousins and he is the one who will pay the price for not having his cousins to interact with.  I hope it all ends well for everyone.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

I just watched the link ‘video’  on thread  entitled The Opportunityy On among friends and I do not know who the lady is on the video but her views, given at length, are what lots of Brits are expressing re H & M.  But this is the first time I have seen this type of news from U.K.

p.s. DH has received parcel today  a copy of Lady C book sent to him ‘for  his comments’ he just told me!  

@Dulwich...I hope after he has read it you will share some of his comments. Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam