Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

[ Edited ]

I think it's wonderful that they have a sense of social, and moral responsibility, and use their celebrity to pursue charitable causes, and raise awareness.

I am rooting for them, and wish them much success in their endeavors, as I would anyone in their unique situation.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich Trust me. The laughter is mutual - if you understand what I mean.

Honored Contributor

@dulwich my British friend, thanks for confirming

@SandySparkles. H&M first and foremost want a celebrity life and wealth and a luxurious existence (see the properties they have lived in since leaving England). I think that is first and foremost their priorities with charitable work ---well publicized in their interest of fame and glory -- there somewhere but not first and foremost. We aren't talking Mother Theresa and Gandhi here.
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@stevieb @Pearlee You are certainly entitled to your individual opinions. H and M are clearly the  most popular royals....far more popular than the Queen. The Queen is yesterdays news; Harry and Meghan capture the admiration of more people right now in 2020. They represent today and the future. I find their character to be eons better than the Queen anyway.

I find them more interesting than the queen, but I think Will & Kate beat them in popularity.

I have to admit, I don't find them particularly interesting other than, well, like you have to look as you drive by a trainwreck kind of interesting...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@stevieb @Pearlee You are certainly entitled to your individual opinions. H and M are clearly the  most popular royals....far more popular than the Queen. The Queen is yesterdays news; Harry and Meghan capture the admiration of more people right now in 2020. They represent today and the future. I find their character to be eons better than the Queen anyway.

I find them more interesting than the queen, but I think Will & Kate beat them in popularity.

I have to admit, I don't find them particularly interesting other than, well, like you have to look as you drive by a trainwreck kind of interesting...

In recent years, I've felt the queen was a snoozefest, although I recently read some articles about the affairs she and Phillip supposedly had and her life read more like a soap opera.   Seems "train wreck" could be used to describe several in that family--a very expensive train wreck/soap opera for world entertainment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:
@dulwichmy British friend, thanks for confirming

@SandySparkles. H&M first and foremost want a celebrity life and wealth and a luxurious existence (see the properties they have lived in since leaving England). I think that is first and foremost their priorities with charitable work ---well publicized in their interest of fame and glory -- there somewhere but not first and foremost. We aren't talking Mother Theresa and Gandhi here.

@Pearlee We're not talking Jack the Ripper or Bonnie and Clyde either.  They are constantly villianized for the personal choices that they've made, which none of us knows the reason for.  @SandySparkles I also wish them peace, health, happiness and success.

Honored Contributor

LOL. If you wrote that @ Linmo you've reading much too much into my posts. 😆
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee All of your comments about them are disparaging.  Earlier in this thread, you called them twits.  We are all entitled to have our own opinions about their actions, but yet none of us knows the real reasons why they made those choices.  

Esteemed Contributor

I do not care what they do, but I am confused.  I thought that they wanted privacy.  I guess I am wrong.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@Linmo someone else called them twits before me and I thought it was a good description.

"Disparaging" comments do not rise to the level of calling them murderers as you used for an analogy. Your points would be much more credible if you did not exaggerate or overplay your hand.