Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Looking at the list of people on the Executive Speaker's bureau, Sarah Ferguson gets between $50k and $100k for her speaking fees.

H&M together are well in the $250k+ category of speakers.

ETA - just read the post above and yes I can see them getting $1M to appear together.

While Fergie's been with the firm longer, I think H & M ought to garner higher wages, but I don't think many will be asking Fergie to speak these days since she's pledged her allegiance to Andrew. 

Trusted Contributor

Three years ago, my SO was in Toronto, on business. He attended a function, that was highlighted, by French Canadian actor, Roy Dupuis, speaking on behalf of environmental issues, particularly, River preservation.  

My SO and all of his family, have long, also, been involved, in these issues, and although, the  tickets were $300 a person, he enjoyed the evening very much, thought it was well worth it.  

SO, said he had no doubt, the big draw, for most, was that Dupuis is a highly popular Canadian actor. 

He also was a very articulate spokesperson, for the cause.

SO said although, the program made it clear Roy would not answer questions about his acting career, he in fact, did very graciously answer some questions, about just that. 

(I would have loved ❤️to have been there! I was a huge fan, of RD, in the long ago tv series La Femme Nikita; ahhhhh gorgeous Michael)! 

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Looking at the list of people on the Executive Speaker's bureau, Sarah Ferguson gets between $50k and $100k for her speaking fees.

H&M together are well in the $250k+ category of speakers.

ETA - just read the post above and yes I can see them getting $1M to appear together.

@VaBelle35 

$1M seems a bit high, but I guess it depends on budget and timeframe for the event.   

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK  Roy Dupuis I get... He has long been invovled in certain causes and knows a good bit about them... Plus, well, he's Roy Dupuis (sigh)... That said, even for him I'd not fork over three bills and I'd certainly not fork it over for these two... Also loved him as Michael in La Femme Nikita... That was actually a very good show...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@SuhseK  Roy Dupuis I get... He has long been invovled in certain causes and knows a good bit about them... Plus, well, he's Roy Dupuis (sigh)... That said, even for him I'd not fork over three bills and I'd certainly not fork it over for these two... Also loved him as Michael in La Femme Nikita... That was actually a very good show...

----    
I was a big LFN and Michael fan ❤️, my SO knew how jealous I was! 

SO, also, once attended an event, a coalition of groups, in support of at risk, and disadvantaged kids.  Alex Rodriguez, was the keynote speaker. SO had not, been much, of an Alex fan, but, he said Alex, was wonderful, both as a speaker, and, in a long meet and greet, with kids, afterwards. 

I can't say I've ever attended, this type of event, this price of admission, isn't budget friendly, but, ahhhhh Roy💜

Honored Contributor

@VAbelle 35. A great way to raise money for whom?
Honored Contributor

Not the least bit interested in reading Tom Gunn's book.

@VaBelle35