Esteemed Contributor

Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

The LA Times reported that Harry & Meghan have an agreement with the New York-based Harry Walker Agency for future speaking engagements.  They plan to engage in moderated discussions and keynote speeches with trade associations, corporations, and community forums.  Topics will include racial justice, gender equity, environmental concerns, and mental health.  Unclear at this time what their speaking fees will be.  They can be scheduled together or individually, but do not plan to accept speaking engagements about their life as part of the royal family.  

I'd be interested in hearing inside scoops about the taboo topic (the royal family) but not so sure I'd want to pay to hear them speak about the other topics because I think it's pretty much a given what positions they have on those.

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan signed on for speaking engagements

Not the least bit interested.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan   Well, they will need to do something to bring in money and I am sure the door is still open for Meghan with Hollywood jobs. I am sure they will do fund raisers for various causes.  I mean Harry did public service for quite a few years.  Every time I see a picture of Archie he is Harry all over again.  such a cute little boy.  he is growing quickly too.  

Thanks for posting this thread.  They will never disclose any inner info. on the royals.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I guess that's why they have broken away from the Royal Family. Royalty is never allowed to express their opinions on current events.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is prohibited by law in the United Kingdom for any royal member to discuss politics/

It is considered uncosnttutional to vote also.

So miss Meghan better zip it up.

Lady Colin Campbell 

I also heard that she was wants to run as a president here in US (yeah right)

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

@wildcat fan   Well, they will need to do something to bring in money and I am sure the door is still open for Meghan with Hollywood jobs. I am sure they will do fund raisers for various causes.  I mean Harry did public service for quite a few years.  Every time I see a picture of Archie he is Harry all over again.  such a cute little boy.  he is growing quickly too.  

Thanks for posting this thread.  They will never disclose any inner info. on the royals.

Archie is a cutie @Katcat1!  I wish they'd release more photos of him, but I understand the desire for privacy. 

I think it will be interesting to see what they do next.  

I worked with middle school students and quite a few girls were fans of Meghan's.  I wondered if they would try to appeal to the younger crowds, but if their speaking fees are high, that may not happen.  No doubt they'll target those with the financial means to help them carry out their plans/support their Archewell foundation.  

Respected Contributor

I guess their first speech could be on how to live independently when moving away from family!

Honored Contributor

They already gave their first speech in Miami prior to signing this contract. Harry was the main speaker and talked primarily about losing his mother.

Neither of these two have the life experience to talk about anything I want to hear...even for a free ticket to hear them.
Esteemed Contributor

what is meghan's expertise......

Respected Contributor

I know some people are interested in them. I just don't understand why.