Respected Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan's new non-profit name revealed

@Pearlee   That has been my contention all along.  Harry has ‘always wanted to be one of the people’ whilst living a very sheltered, protected life - believe me even in the Army he was well protected.

I imagine that this is quite hard for him now but - as I said earlier which was deleted why I don’t know - I wish them success, earn plenty of money and that they live permanently in L.A. so us Brits are not still paying for their upkeep.

Trusted Contributor

For the life of me, I can't see what it is, about this couple, that generates such strong feelings. 

They've chosen a different course for their lives; so be it. They'll be successful and happy, or they won't.  Kind of like us commoners, when we chart our course.  I don't see anything remotely evil about them, nor do I see them changing the world, for the greater good.  

Making a marriage work, can be tough. When the marriage is between two people, of such wildly different backgrounds, and so, in the public eye, it has to be so much harder. 

Time will tell how they do.  They certainly have no impact on my life, but, good luck to them.  
Harry and Meghan, wash your hands, no hoarding 😈

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

It is interesting that after they were informed they could not capitalize on the name "Royal" they turned around and used their infant son's name.  I guess it goes with being supported by others for their bread and butter.  These two are just tiresome and getting boring and predictable.

Their statement (or interview ?) suggests they had this name in mind (were inspired by the Greek work "arche") before they came up with Sussex Royal and before they had their son.  To me it sounded like they were going back to a name they had originally come up with now that Sussex Royal is not an option rather than it being a recent/new decision. 

Or that's the story anyway... You know, now, after the fact...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@Pearlee   That has been my contention all along.  Harry has ‘always wanted to be one of the people’ whilst living a very sheltered, protected life - believe me even in the Army he was well protected.

I imagine that this is quite hard for him now but - as I said earlier which was deleted why I don’t know - I wish them success, earn plenty of money and that they live permanently in L.A. so us Brits are not still paying for their upkeep.

@dulwich  Ohhhhhh no you don't... Don't try to palm them off on us... Let them go to one of the other commonwealth countries to earn their mega bucks...

Respected Contributor

@stevieb  Sorreeeeeeeeeey they love L.A. yahoo!

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@stevieb  Sorreeeeeeeeeey they love L.A. yahoo!

@dulwich  Oh, but they LOOOOVVVEEEE Africa too... And just think, there are sooooooo many commonwealth nations, many of them sort of third world, which would be right up their alley, you know, as long as they have 'perks'... Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

If female empowerment is on their agenda I hope somewhere I can find a description of what that means exactly. Been hearing that phrase used a lot lately, women empowering other women and women doing things that make them feel empowered and so forth but haven't quite gotten a handle on just precisely what it means. Perhaps I'm falling behind the times. 

@shaggygirl I'll tell you what feeling empowered means to me.  It means putting on your game face and going out of the house every day; earning your place in the world and competing for it.  

Nobody can empower you but yourself.  You have to deicde what you are capable of, what you really want in life, then go after it, and be able to win some and lose some, and keep moving forward.  You also have to understand what you are willing to do or not do to get there--and that's key to the whole deal.

If you have to be empowered it means someone has to give it to you and I don't see that it works that way. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner   Well said I so agree with you.

Respected Contributor

@stevieb   I kinda feel they are only ‘third world people’ when on tour - not again ‘part of the real people’.

You got em!

Honored Contributor

Not as many opportunities for red carpet appearances in Africa as there are in L.A.