Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan's new non-profit name revealed

@jonbon wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@jonbonBut Kate is still performing duties to have "Princess of the United Kingdom" listed as her occupation. Meghan was too when Archie was born, but that sure doesn't seem to be her occupation now and especially if she does go back to acting. That's why I rolled my eyes when I read that as her occupation.

You answered your own question. Meghan was a working royal when Archie was born. Good heavens -- my life has changed since my children were born, so has hers. I also don't imagine that they just came up with the idea of putting "Princess" on the birth certificate on their own. I don't think any eye rolling was necessary -- in fact, it seems like nitpicking to me. But that's just MHO.

I totally agree with you 100% and I hope @Pearlee can get some sleep tonight now that you cleared that up for her.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@jonbon. I didn't ask a question so I wasn't answering my own anything.

And given the amount of time Meghan tried out being Princess of the United Kingdom, as others have suggested she may have planned the "move back" since the beginning.

Yes of course people can change occupations since a birth certificate was filled out. But this was a matter of months and it was YOU who brought up Kate having that designation so I pointed out she actually deserves it.
Not nitpicking at all.
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple And I hope you some day get over your obsession with me.
Honored Contributor

H&M have chosen to be public, not unlike Kim K, and like any public person will have those who are fans and those who aren't. From what I've read on the BB, it's their behavior and choices that some have criticized.

Fellow posters are like neighbors maybe even friends so to make mean, ugly accusations about them just because they dislike H&M while you like them is disappointing and disheartening, more so when considering the posters who have made them.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@JaneMarpleAnd I hope you some day get over your obsession with me.

EEEEW!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My opinion is that Meghan and Harry did not plan or foresee leaving their Royal duties when they married.   They wouldn't have gone to the trouble and expense of the Windsor remodel if this was pre-meditated.  I do understand that most of that was paid by the taxpayers, but they also paid for certain upgrades themselves and have agreed to repay the taxpayer money for the cost.   I think that something, which we may never know, happened to make them change course. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Pantsonfire2 wrote:

@bandaidinmysalad ...  I must have missed something ...  what exactly have they done thus far ...  I must have missed it ...

When I think of Meghan and Harry, two words come to mind ...  selfish ingrates ...  Meghan could not get enough attention in the U.K., so come on Harry ... let's move to America ...  

Woman LOLHeartWoman LOL

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@jonbon. I didn't ask a question so I wasn't answering my own anything.

And given the amount of time Meghan tried out being Princess of the United Kingdom, as others have suggested she may have planned the "move back" since the beginning.

Yes of course people can change occupations since a birth certificate was filled out. But this was a matter of months and it was YOU who brought up Kate having that designation so I pointed out she actually deserves it.
Not nitpicking at all.

OK, you “explained the reason yourself,” not “answered your own question.” It does not matter how long she was a Princess/working royal or how long she planned to be one; she was one when the birth certificate was filed. The only reason I brought up Kate was to show that it wasn’t some horrible new affront thought up by H&M—they seemed to be following the precedent set by W&K when their children were born. 

Esteemed Contributor

If female empowerment is on their agenda I hope somewhere I can find a description of what that means exactly. Been hearing that phrase used a lot lately, women empowering other women and women doing things that make them feel empowered and so forth but haven't quite gotten a handle on just precisely what it means. Perhaps I'm falling behind the times. 

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirlrather nebulous, isn't it.  Let's see if there are specifics they set forth someday.