Esteemed Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan's new non-profit name revealed

@dulwich wrote:

Quite interesting.  Baby been hidden for  a year now they appear to be ‘using’ his name to aid their marketing purposes.

@dulwich I just posted, and I swear I was going to go back, and edit to add this very thought. Meghan is so calculating it's ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

Quite interesting.  Baby been hidden for  a year now they appear to be ‘using’ his name to aid their marketing purposes.

Tax shelter.  They spend a minimum on their "charity" and pay no taxes.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
They won't be getting any $$$ from me no matter what it's called.

Did they ask you for any? @Pearlee 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

With his birthday less than a month away on May 6, we might get to see some new photos soon.  

Honored Contributor

@dulwich. An excellent observation

I also read Archie's birth certificate and where he was born was finally made public today after all H& M's ridiculous secrecy about it.
Esteemed Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@dulwich wrote:

@dulwich I just posted, and I swear I was going to go back, and edit to add this very thought. Meghan is so calculating it's ridiculous. 

This is from USA Today and it makes it sound like they were thinking of Archewell for the charity name before they even had Sussex Royal or Archie, or am I misreading it?

"Before SussexRoyal, came the idea of ‘Arche’ – the Greek word meaning ‘source of action’. We connected to this concept for the charitable organisation we hoped to build one day, and it became the inspiration for our son’s name," they continued. "To do something of meaning, to do something that matters. Archewell is a name that combines an ancient word for strength and action, and another that evokes the deep resources we each must draw upon. We look forward to launching Archewell when the time is right."

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee   Be interesting to see if, in the future, pics of him appear as his name is part of their business now! 

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple Do you know that this non- profit is set up only to receive money by invitation? 🤣
Honored Contributor

@dulwich. Only if they are paid handsomely for photos first. Like before they use his pic for the non-profit, there will be a spread in People with the Exclusive Photos. After they get paid for those he can be used for marketing.
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if this charity is a foundation. What is the actual name of it? Just Archewell or is there more to it?  And is Archewell two syllables or three?  Is the “e” long or short?  

Keepin' it real.