Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan at Lion King Premiere

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

The article sounds completely tabloid.

Why wasn't the source noted by the OP?

@Ms tyrion2 

Because it's an article in a British newspaper, which also contains political articles, retail sites etc. and has been poofed for that reason.

Easy enough to Google and chose from one of the many articles about their appearance at the premier.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Meghan looks so beautiful, and Harry looks so handsome. Her weight is none of my business.

I hope the Lion King movie is good.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Admittedly I will never own one of Mr. Jason Wu’s dresses, but I do think a bit more attention should have been paid to the seaming. They don’t match up.

Not faulting her, squarely on him.  

What, did he whip it over night?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

The article sounds completely tabloid.

Why wasn't the source noted by the OP?

@Ms tyrion2 

Because it's an article in a British newspaper, which also contains political articles, retail sites etc. and has been poofed for that reason.

Easy enough to Google and chose from one of the many articles above their appearance at the premier.

@KingstonsMom   You can cite a source without providing the link.  Your reasoning about is for when a link is posted.

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

Meghan is a pretty lady and Harry and Meghan make a lovely couple.  Wish them the best.  I give Meghan a lot of credit showing women that the baby weight doesn't immediately fall off.  Most women would not appear in public.

I have never met a new mom who would not appear in public! The majority of them go back to work.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Admittedly I will never own one of Mr. Jason Wu’s dresses, but I do think a bit more attention should have been paid to the seaming. They don’t match up.

Not faulting her, squarely on him.  What, did he whip it over night?

@Drythe   Another good reason why she should have just re-worn her engagement photo dress, which I like a lot.  And the red carpet was a more fitting occasion for it too, than enagement photos.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee 

Easy enough to Google too.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

She could have saved purchasing the Woo dress and worn her engagement photo dress.  It would have been perfect (and somewhat similar, with embellishment).

It is obvious she has gained weight after the baby, which is apparent in this dress and the pleated skirt she wore at Wimbledon.  I'm sure she'll take it off in due time.

She gained weight while being pregnant. It is nice to see a new mom embracing her body rather than feeling pressured to lose all the weight quickly. 

It's obvious that she's breastfeeding.  So, she's won't starver herself and exersize 4 hours a day to get back to her pre-pregnancy weight.  I'm pretty sure here focus is what is right and healthy for her baby and her body at this time in her life.  He looks beautiful.  She's glowing. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom Kate's green dress was too heavy looking for the occasion. I had no problem with the fit- shes a very tall, very slim woman. If you look at an older picture of her wearing that dress you can tell she's lost weight. I didnt see headlights, I saw darts.
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Meghan looks so beautiful, and Harry looks so handsome. Her weight is none of my business.

I hope the Lion King movie is good.

@Greeneyedlady21   You post this quite often and it always seems as though you are chastising us for expression opinons.  This board is all about expressing opinions.  Someone on the red carpet out in public is fair game for such opinions.  I don't know whether "it's my business or not" but it's a fair comment, yet you seem to chastise those of us who express it. If you think it's none of your business, fine, then don't comment on it.  A figure out in public being photographed on the read carpet is subject to comments on her appearance, about weight, hair, dress length, etc. etc. etc.