Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan at Lion King Premiere

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

I'm confused @Cakers3 , I thought we were discussing the organization that the Duke and Duchess supports in regard to the film premier.

@JaneMarpleI'm referring to the post that said this side of the pond.

You know this.  I clearly quoted that post.

I see any references as to what has been and is being done on this side of the pond is not welcome.

Carry on.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I'm confused @Cakers3 , I thought we were discussing the organization that the Duke and Duchess supports in regard to the film premier.

@JaneMarpleI'm referring to the post that said this side of the pond.

You know this.  I clearly quoted that post.

I see any references as to what has been and is being done on this side of the pond is not welcome.

Carry on.

Since the conversation was about the movie premier in England, the Duke and Duchess and their charity, I didn't believe this side of the pond had anything to do with it!

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Meghan is trying hard to fit in but it seems so phony.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Oh, please!  More rubbish.  As obssessed with themselves as they seem to be, I doubt that even Beyonce and Jayz would be so crass as to offer parenting advice to Meghan and Harry.  Not that they could offer much advice in a 10 minute meet & greet.   

@chrystaltree - Ironically DD and I met someone last weekend who is friends with someone whose family members party with B & J. He has been at the house when they have been there or arrived. Did we learn a lot! I have no reason to doubt him -  he said their "parenting" style is all for show. As soon as the pics are done, she hands the kids over to nannies, and has very little interaction with hers or anyone else's. He also said she seems really sweet, but he thought she was very demanding. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

She could have saved purchasing the Woo dress and worn her engagement photo dress.  It would have been perfect (and somewhat similar, with embellishment).

It is obvious she has gained weight after the baby, which is apparent in this dress and the pleated skirt she wore at Wimbledon.  I'm sure she'll take it off in due time.

@Pearlee   The abdomen of most women after childbirth is larger for quite a few months from the stretching, I don't see any other part of her that seems different.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

She could have saved purchasing the Woo dress and worn her engagement photo dress.  It would have been perfect (and somewhat similar, with embellishment).

It is obvious she has gained weight after the baby, which is apparent in this dress and the pleated skirt she wore at Wimbledon.  I'm sure she'll take it off in due time.

@Pearlee   the abdomen of most women after childbirth is larger for quite a few months from the stretching, I don't see any other part of her that seems different.

@mousiegirl   Her face is fuller.  I'm aware of the abdomen being larger for a while after childbirth.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

I know I didn't say she should lose weight. 

Can someone who's commenting on posters criticizing her weight point me to who in this thread has criticized her weight as opposed to the fit of the dress? 

SMH

@ILTH    I have mentioned her baby-gain weight on this thread as being apparent in the dress.  I cast no "shame" upon that, it was merely an observation.  Contrary to one post (so far) it is in no way body shaming.  It's merely an observation.  I have posted many times in the LOGO forum that I have gained some weight over the winter and am at the top end of my usual size mediums. It's merely a fact, just like Meghan's apparent - and it is - weight gain is a fact.  No commentary about it as positive or negative or anything, one way or another.

So you are right - nobody here has critcized her for it.  Some people are much too touchy/sensitive and, in being so, are inaccurate.

People who body shame often call it "merely an observation." Saying that "some people are much too touchy/sensitive" is an ineffective way of justifying it.

@mom2four0418   I completely disagree.  Making an observation of a fact is not the same thing as making a positive or negative comment about it - it's merely an observation.  As I mention, in the LOGO forum I've stated I've gained weight over the winter; I'm hardly "body shaming" myself.   An observation of a fact is different from a negative comment. The way some here in this thread are using "body shaming" is, IMO, an example of political correctness gone amok.

I would fully expect you to disagree with me. And using the argument of "political correctness gone amok" is both predictable and tiresome. 

Though pretty much spot on... Smiley Surprised

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JJsMom wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@ILTH wrote:

I know I didn't say she should lose weight. 

Can someone who's commenting on posters criticizing her weight point me to who in this thread has criticized her weight as opposed to the fit of the dress? 

SMH

You will get this any time you say anything negative about anything in an any connection with MM; be it her dress, shoes, handbag or anything else.  It just isn't allowed.  I don't comment on anything about her rather than take the firestorm you get here.  It isn't tolerated. 

Really? We know you don't like her and never pass up a chance to take a cheap shot at her clothes, holding hands, touching her pregnant belly, etc. It's always the same people taking digs and then playing innocent. You give everyone else a pass about their clothing as long as it looks clean, neat, and acceptable, yet you are super harsh and petty when it comes to Meghan. Gee, I wonder why that is?

Just as it's pretty much always the same people jumping to the same conclusions and insinuating the same narrative whenever less than gushing comments are posted... Everyone does not have to be virtually besotted with this woman, by Harry or by the two of them...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

Doesn't fit well. Too tight in the chest and back. 

If it were just a little looser, it would be beautiful. 

Her highness has had  a "now and then" situation with some fancy frocks not fitting properly.  Her wedding dress was just not right in the chest area.

Trusted Contributor

I am shocked SHOCKED that Beyonce is tiny,  so very TINY!  She looks HUGE while performing.  She is the shortest one present at this receiving line.  MY HEAD IS SPINNING.