Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Launch Own Instagram Account: @Sussexroyal

Meghan's missteps have been tolerated because Harry is much loved but there is a limit and if Meghan goes too far, becomes political, she and Harry may find themselves marginalized.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Snoopp wrote:

Harry must be smitten.

smileywinkkk: Among other things...

Of course, we all know tabloids are tabloids and they often get it wrong for the sake of drama and circulation but sometimes they actually do get it right... There have been items posted recently noting that Harry's body language has changed markedly since his marriage and that there are more indicators of insecurity and emotional turmoil than in the past... Who knows... My personal view and that's all it is, is that at some point he might consider whether he made a mistake... Right now, and especially with a kid on the way, he's probably too invested in proving he didn't to see clearly...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Harry must be smitten.

Harry is, as the English say, "besotted" which I believe means to stupify as with liquor. 

strongly infatuated.

"he became besotted with his best friend's sister"
synonyms:infatuated with, smitten with, in love with, love-struck by, head over heels in love with, hopelessly in love with, obsessed with, passionate about, consumed with desire for, devoted to, doting on, greatly enamored of, very attracted to, very taken with, charmed by, captivated by, enchanted by, enthralled by, bewitched by, beguiled by, under someone's spell, hypnotized by; 
informalbowled over by, swept off one's feet by, struck on, crazy about, mad about, wild about, potty about, nuts about, very keen on, gone on, really into, hung up on, carrying a torch for; 
informaltwitterpated by;
literaryensorcelled by
"she won't listen to me—she's besotted with him"
“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Oh, yipee.

Another "I-hate-MM" thread.

People act as if she is the devil incarnate.

I guess I don't see it that way. Like most public figures, there are those who like her and those who don't. What I'm seeing is a discussion involving both those points of view. Unfortunately, it sometimes seems as though those enamored with her, as a group, appear to want to overstate the feelings of those who aren't. I don't hate Markle, I simply don't care for her and I am not buying what some would consider to be her 'act'... I certainly don't consider her the devil incarnate but neither do I see her as the second coming of Diana or of Mother Teresa...

Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@stevieb @Re tabloids - old saying ‘never smoke without fire’ and the tabloids in U.K. do go for drama but also there is always a grain of truth there too which inevitably comes out when the ‘official’ statements are made this has happened so many times in the past.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

@faeriemoon   No, it does not "bump" them up!  The line of succession when the Queen dies goes to Charles upon his death, it goes to William, upon William's death it goes to George.  William's family is the direct link.  There will be no change of title for Harry and Meghan, they will remain as is.

Absolutely. At this point, Harry and any of his 'issue' are considered, more or less, 'minor' royals because they are far removed form any claim to the throne. Should, however, the queen not opt to create titles or award peerages to Harry's children, I believe Charles could opt to do so. I suspect that if Harry wants them titled or created as peers and it's within the monarch's purview to do so that they will be titled or granted some peerage.

It is interesting because also as a 2nd son, Andrew's daughters are considered princesses, so you'd have to wonder if Harry's children will enjoy the same perk. Anne opted not to have her children titled, but as noted, I can't believe for a minute that Markle would make the same choice, were it exclusively up to her...

Of course, rules have changed since Andrew had children and there are guidelines for establishing titles and peerages and even though the monarch enjoys certain latitude, he or she must also operate within those guidelines or seek special permissions to ignore them. I have no idea what the rules, guidelines or limitations are.

Respected Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@faeriemoon  Another interesting footnote.  The right of succession was passed down to the males meaning with William's children if he died it would go to George, if George died it would go to Louis but Queen Elizabeth changed it.  If George becomes King and he dies, it goes directly to Charlotte, if she dies, it then goes to Louis.

Queen Elizabeth didn't change anything. Instead, it was Parliament who changed the procession order. Whoever is born first, whether male or female, becomes heir. 

Honored Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@stevieb @Re tabloids - old saying ‘never smoke without fire’ and the tabloids in U.K. do go for drama but also there is always a grain of truth there too which inevitably comes out when the ‘official’ statements are made this has happened so many times in the past.

Exactly @dulwich Smiley Wink And so, while some would dismiss all the accounts of Her Majesty's concerns, staff leaving precipitously, rifts between the two princes and/or their wives and so on, it's likely there's some nugget of truth in there somewhere, even though the tabloid press and, to some extent, the public enjoy and, perhaps, enhance all this drama...

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SharkE  Poofed? Over one person's snarky comment about people who have nothing to do with QVC? That's hilarious!!

interestingly, i did not find that comment by @Sooner  "snarky" at all......just more of an observation. they could easily just release everything they wish to release via the "royal channels."

do the future king and his wife have an instagram account?

@sunshine45,  I believe there are 3 royal accounts, @ValuSkr mentioned.   

I did a quick search and it looks like Kate and William launched both their Instagram and a Twitter account a few months before the birth of their second child.   

(Here's one article, January 2015:  vanityfair.com/style/2015/01/kate-middleton-prince-william-twitter-instagram) 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Should Prince George have children, which is likely, Harry and his children will descend further down the line.