Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Launch Own Instagram Account: @Sussexroyal

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Do wonder if part of opting out of Buckingham, and having their own court, includes divesting themselves from the royal treasury and wardrobe.

Woman LOL @Drythe That's funny... I sort of doubt it... Woman Wink

@stevieb @Drythe   I think perhaps the proper term might not be "divesting themselves" but "be divested of". . . 

I would hate to see them trying to overshadow and put themselves in front of the future king.  I hope we are not headed down that path again. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Do wonder if part of opting out of Buckingham, and having their own court, includes divesting themselves from the royal treasury and wardrobe.

Woman LOL @Drythe That's funny... I sort of doubt it... Woman Wink

@stevieb @Drythe   I think perhaps the proper term might not be "divesting themselves" but "be divested of". . . 

I would hate to see them trying to overshadow and put themselves in front of the future king.  I hope we are not headed down that path again. 

@Sooner 

My opinion my words.

You are free to represent your views in your words.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe  Apparently, with the separation of Harry and William's households, which was apparently seen as somewhat of a given, Harry and his wife will have a 'court' of their own. However, instead of being independent of the royal family, which was what they wanted, the queen and Charles have decided that their office must operate out of Buckingham Palace and their staff must report to the queen's staff... True or not, I also read that the queen has brought back a trusted advisor to 'keep an eye' on the Sussex office... William and Kate's 'office' will continue to operate out of Kensington palace, where they live... And yes, the queen and Charles foot the royal bill for these 'offices'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Drythe  Apparently, with the separation of Harry and William's households, which was apparently seen as somewhat of a given, Harry and his wife will have a 'court' of their own. However, instead of being independent of the royal family, which was what they wanted, the queen and Charles have decided that their office must operate out of Buckingham Palace and their staff must report to the queen's staff... True or not, I also read that the queen has brought back a trusted advisor to 'keep an eye' on the Sussex office... William and Kate's 'office' will continue to operate out of Kensington palace, where they live... And yes, the queen and Charles foot the royal bill for these 'offices'...

@stevieb 

Thank you, I did understand that.  

Just a bit of irony on my part.

*** Edited to add - Never did I think they would want to be independent enough to give up that lovely Lolly, as the Brits I know call it!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@World Traveler   Here is an example of just one of the article to which I was referring:

"Now, the Sunday Times has revealed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wanted to distance themselves even further from Kate and William, but the Queen intervened to block the plans.

Harry and Meghan are understood to have lobbied for an autonomous new court, but the Queen and Prince of Wales, who will jointly fund their office, thought otherwise. 

A royal source said: “They wanted their household to be entirely independent of Buckingham Palace, but were told ‘no’.

“There is an institutional structure that doesn’t allow that kind of independence.

“The feeling is that it’s good to have the Sussexes under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace, so they can’t just go off and do their own thing.”

The couple are reportedly keen to build a global “Sussex brand” of philanthropy and humanitarianism. They had hoped to break out on their own with a new style of work distinctive from other members of the Royal Family."

I can't imagine being married less than a year and telling DH's family we're going to change up their Christmas traditions let alone what mm has proposed to this institution. 
And she wanted QE and Charles to pay for all of this too.   Wow, what gall.  And she's just warming up. 

Esteemed Contributor

Harry must be smitten.

Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Sooner   I completely agree with everything you said. 

If I may add, I'd think a woman in this constant two year spotlight would so desire real privacy right before and after giving birth to her first child.  Strange time to be opening social media accounts. It's like she's afraid she'll loose followers if she's out of the picture for two weeks.

Harry never desired this exposure before he met her.  I think she's definitely the one driving this bus.

I tend to agree with you, she loves being in the limelight.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

The concern is that Meghan will make politcal comments which she has in the past. Harry doesn't seem able to convince Meghan that there are rules she's expected to follow.

Exactly.  When she married Harry she became an employee of the Queen and for some reason she just can't seem to get the message that she has to follow the rules.  I can understand she wants a certain amount of freedom but she tends to go overboard which could create some very big problems for the monarchy.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

I doubt it.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, yipee.

Another "I-hate-MM" thread.

People act as if she is the devil incarnate.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.