Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Launch Own Instagram Account: @Sussexroyal

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@SharkE  Poofed? Over one person's snarky comment about people who have nothing to do with QVC? That's hilarious!!

interestingly, i did not find that comment by @Sooner  "snarky" at all......just more of an observation. they could easily just release everything they wish to release via the "royal channels."

do the future king and his wife have an instagram account?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

They do seem determined to be in the headlines.  Whatever it takes.  

I bet it's MM determined to always in the headlines and I hope she has that baby soon so she can stop holding onto her belly.  It's like she's afraid it's going to fall out and run away.

Respected Contributor

Brisk here, I believe you have the right to talk about the royals all you want. Free speech.I am anti monarchy but you have every right to talk on. I won't get poofed for it. ☺ Have fun and talk away.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner   I completely agree with everything you said. 

If I may add, I'd think a woman in this constant two year spotlight would so desire real privacy right before and after giving birth to her first child.  Strange time to be opening social media accounts. It's like she's afraid she'll loose followers if she's out of the picture for two weeks.

Harry never desired this exposure before he met her.  I think she's definitely the one driving this bus.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Sooner   I completely agree with everything you said. 

If I may add, I'd think a woman in this constant two year spotlight would so desire real privacy right before and after giving birth to her first child.  Strange time to be opening social media accounts. It's like she's afraid she'll loose followers if she's out of the picture for two weeks.

Harry never desired this exposure before he met her.  I think she's definitely the one driving this bus.

I tend to agree with you both @Harvard99  @Sooner ... I'd add that with all due respect I think the reason these threads tend to disappear is that those enamored with this couple don't want to hear from those who are less so... They urge us to just ignore the threads, which isn't really reasonable on a public board, where all sorts of reasoned and properly stated opinions should be welcome... I'd also add that I don't personally believe for a minute that Markle is going to be pleased should the monarch not bestow either a royal title or a peerage upon her offspring... As for the Instagram account, that's their call, but as more or less minor royals, I'm not personally particularly interested in them or their activities...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The concern is that Meghan will make politcal comments which she has in the past. Harry doesn't seem able to convince Meghan that there are rules she's expected to follow.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Do wonder if part of opting out of Buckingham, and having their own court, includes divesting themselves from the royal treasury and wardrobe.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Megan will definitely want a royal title for her children.I can't see her turning it down.I of course could be wrong but time will tell.
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Do wonder if part of opting out of Buckingham, and having their own court, includes divesting themselves from the royal treasury and wardrobe.

Woman LOL @Drythe That's funny... I sort of doubt it... Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Harry and Meghan - B-O-R-I-N-G. MAJOR YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!