Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Launch Own Instagram Account: @Sussexroyal

@Pearlee Thanks for your comments. Heart

I personally feel Meghan and Harry should be able to have their own staff, etc., but had not understood it to mean they were going to be completely separate from the royal family. That would put a dent in the finances, right? ha!

I have followed the Royal Family for many, many years, and it seems to me that they each do their own thing, except when the Queen has occasions when she wants/needs them to participate.....duty calls. 

But to brand a couple as people who are "determined to be in the headlines" just because they want to do what millions of others do (Instagram account,etc.), seems a little over the top and in my opinion, defies logic. If they were determined to be in the headlines, they would stay in London, not Windsor. Smiley Happy

What also defies logic to me is when people go on a thread about something/someone they don't care for. See that happening a lot on the forum. Go figure! 

Honored Contributor

My thread got poofed on the Royals just because I asked if anybody knew if Doria's mother had moved yet. Things got ugly and mods deleted it.

People attack her and him for being popular.

Now, Harry and Meghan want to direct people's contributions to people who can really use the help and now they're being attacked for "wanting to be in the news and in the limelight". Seems they can't win.

They don't need the money or million teddy bears, toys and items of clothing donate them to the charities that Meghan is involved with .

Good thing, right ? Wrong ! Now, they just want to be in the limelight and stay in public eye. Those people would be criticized if they found a cure for cancer.

Honored Contributor

Harry and Meghan have freedom and control of their own lives that William and Kate do not have because Harry is not the future king.  I think Harry finds that incredibly freeing and he now has a wife a partner who is totally in sync with.  They simply do not want that stuffy, stodgy Royal  type of llife and the Queen and Charles support them in that.   They'll redefine what it means to be a working Royal.  Some in the UK are saying that, like Anne did, they will decline titles for their children.    

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler   Here is an example of just one of the article to which I was referring:

"Now, the Sunday Times has revealed the Duke and Duchess of Sussex wanted to distance themselves even further from Kate and William, but the Queen intervened to block the plans.

Harry and Meghan are understood to have lobbied for an autonomous new court, but the Queen and Prince of Wales, who will jointly fund their office, thought otherwise. 

A royal source said: “They wanted their household to be entirely independent of Buckingham Palace, but were told ‘no’.

“There is an institutional structure that doesn’t allow that kind of independence.

“The feeling is that it’s good to have the Sussexes under the jurisdiction of Buckingham Palace, so they can’t just go off and do their own thing.”

The couple are reportedly keen to build a global “Sussex brand” of philanthropy and humanitarianism. They had hoped to break out on their own with a new style of work distinctive from other members of the Royal Family."

Honored Contributor

So now there are at least three royal instagram accounts:

TheRoyalFamily  (The Queen & Co.)

KensingtonRoyal  (William & Kate)

SussexRoyal  (Harry & Meghan)

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree  I think so too. I think they will not want titles for their children. But I could be wrong on that. 

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks for that information. I don't recall reading that before.

Well, it does make sense that you never know what they might do, but I doubt they are the kind to go off the deep end and embarrass the Crown. Guess it is good to have some control over them though.

The goal of philanthropy and humanitarianism is a very good goal, so hopefully they can do that like Charles does with the Prince's Trust. I really think they want to pay their way and not be a burden on the Crown, not give people the reason to say they don't do anything for the people. They both seem like people who like to get into the middle of something and make it come out for the better.

I am very impressed with Meghan and Harry. 

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  

@ValuSkr wrote:

So now there are at least three royal instagram accounts:

TheRoyalFamily  (The Queen & Co.)

KensingtonRoyal  (William & Kate)

SussexRoyal  (Harry & Meghan)

Makes sense. If you are not interested in William and Kate but are interested in what the Queen is doing, you don't have to wade thru everyone else's information/posts.

Respected Contributor

Lol
Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

@Pearlee Thanks for your comments. Heart

I personally feel Meghan and Harry should be able to have their own staff, etc., but had not understood it to mean they were going to be completely separate from the royal family. That would put a dent in the finances, right? ha!

I have followed the Royal Family for many, many years, and it seems to me that they each do their own thing, except when the Queen has occasions when she wants/needs them to participate.....duty calls. 

But to brand a couple as people who are "determined to be in the headlines" just because they want to do what millions of others do (Instagram account,etc.), seems a little over the top and in my opinion, defies logic. If they were determined to be in the headlines, they would stay in London, not Windsor. Smiley Happy

What also defies logic to me is when people go on a thread about something/someone they don't care for. See that happening a lot on the forum. Go figure! 

Oh come on.  It's what I think.  I have followed to some extent royals fo a long time.  I remember watching Prince Charles being invested as POW by his mother on tv.

I don't recall any two ever being so in the news and constantly out in public as these two--expecially when first married and starting a family.  They seem bent on upstaging the rest of the gang.  To me.  That's what I think.  It's my opinion.