Honored Contributor

Re: Harry & Meghan Launch Own Instagram Account: @Sussexroyal

I am actually surprised that they want to have that account but it's their business.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Great, now InstaGram isn't safe from the onslaught of this non-event.

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I heard on my local news the British press and subjects are not pleased that Harry and Meghan will not do the waving and showing of the baby outside on the hospital steps. Now the couple is free to do what they want, but it seems they’re are breaking with a long tradition of doing this. This will not endear Meghan to the British people. She knew what she was getting into when she became part of the Royal Family, there are certain rules that need to be followed. You need to go along to get along.

It's actually not a long tradition. 

Diana did it, and then Kate and William followed. 

There is no rule stating they need to stand out on the steps with their newborn shortly after giving birth.

@Bri369 @I think I read or heard Princess Anne started the tradition.

Actually I read an article today that said Diana started it.  Personally I wouldn't want to have had to do that.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Sooner   I've also read where Harry said he didn't think he should've had to work behind his mother's casket.

That issue came up quite some time ago and yes, the article said Harry did not think it was the right thing to do for a child so young.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

I think with every 'tradition' she challenges or breaks, she's creating more problems for herself, Harry and maybe even, their child.

I agree with you one hundred percent.  I have no doubt the Queen is keeping score.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

I heard on my local news the British press and subjects are not pleased that Harry and Meghan will not do the waving and showing of the baby outside on the hospital steps. Now the couple is free to do what they want, but it seems they’re are breaking with a long tradition of doing this. This will not endear Meghan to the British people. She knew what she was getting into when she became part of the Royal Family, there are certain rules that need to be followed. You need to go along to get along.

It's actually not a long tradition. 

Diana did it, and then Kate and William followed. 

There is no rule stating they need to stand out on the steps with their newborn shortly after giving birth.

@Bri369 , agreed. Prince Charles is a direct heir to the throne, and was standing on the hospital steps with his wife and newborn son, who was also a direct heir to the throne. William, as a new father, also stood on the steps with his wife and newborn son,who again, is a direct heir to the throne. There is a different level of public interest there.

Prince Harry is now farther down the line, and hopefully can lead a more private life, as does the siblings of Prince Charles. The British people will get to see Baby Sussex in due time and I’m sure, will wish the new family well. The British tabloids just have their noses out of joint because they want to sell their rags and have lost out on a money making opportunity. 

Quite honestly, after the way the British tabloid press had  trashed his mother, and now his wife, who can blame him? 

Prince William guards his private family life and limits access to his children. Why shouldn’t Prince Harry? 

Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

@Harvard99 wrote:

I think with every 'tradition' she challenges or breaks, she's creating more problems for herself, Harry and maybe even, their child.

I agree with you one hundred percent.  I have no doubt the Queen is keeping score.

@Lindsays Grandma  This may not tickle her fancy either.  I have the TV on for background noise, and they just said there's news that Megan wants the baby to have an American name.

Maybe it's true, maybe it's not, but the Queen is going to be 93 soon.  Have some respect.  She disowned her family, now she's on course to tear theirs apart.  I don't see her as royalty at all.  No class. Just a spoiled brat.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is obvious that Meghan is an intelligent, well educated and strong willed woman.  Perhaps had she gone into the marriage and conformed to the ways of her husband's family to keep the peace, she perhaps could slowly make changes.  Going into the marriage and immediately demanding things her way has only created animosity and discord, which in the long run will not get her the things she wants.  Meghan did not play her cards right and if she thinks she can pull the wool over Queen Elizabeth's eyes, well I think we all know that will not happen.  

It is so sad, because this should be a time when the family is looking forward to a new baby who will be born very soon.  Because Meghan has dictated all the rules, there is discord.  Yes, she is the mother to be and certainly should have a say in how and where the baby will be born.  But, to throw out all of the traditions, some of which have been in place for decades, is like a slap in the face to the family members.  Hopefully, with the birth of the baby it will bring the families together, for how long, no one knows.  There are a lot of problems right now that need to be fixed and I hope there can be a meeting of the minds because if not, the future does  not look bright.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don’t understand why people are finding it odd that Harry and Meghan would have an official Instagram account. All of the top tier royals do. Queen Elizabeth has The Royal Family as her official Instagram account. It showcases the work of the Queen and the royal family in general. Prince Charles and the Dutchess of Cornwall have  Clarence House and Prince William and Catherine have Kensington Royal. Now Prince Harry and Meghan have Sussex Royal. 

All of the recent moves, such as Prince Harry separating his household from Prince William, is not the sensational scandal the British tabloid press is making it out to be. It’s simply part of the inevitable transition that will occur when Prince Charles ascends to the throne. All the staff changes, the household changes, are part of the plan. Everything needs to fall into place before that day so that the transition from Queen Elizabeth to King Charles (or whatever he will call himself) will be seamless.  

Prince William is heading down a different path from Prince Harry, so the split is going to happen. He will be Prince of Wales, with his own court and household. Prince Harry, now that he is married, is in the official court of Buckingham Palace, just as all of Prince Charle’s siblings are. All the royal family that are not direct heirs to the throne, work out of Buckingham Palace. 

The tabloid press is just spinning tawdry stories to sell their rags. It’s just much ado about nothing. 

QVC Customer Care