Esteemed Contributor

Let's take a vote--how many of y'all would want to walk in Harry and Mdghan's shoes for even one month let alone years?  Or perhaps you'd prefer Diana's shoes?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I believe everything that Harry stated Best of luck to them.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

I believe Harry's speech was nothing more than putting lipstick on the pig he and his wife created. Well, it's still a pig.

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Let's take a vote--how many of y'all would want to walk in Harry and Mdghan's shoes for even one month let alone years?  Or perhaps you'd prefer Diana's shoes?

Interesting question and I've pondered this many times. While I agree the intrusive harrassing tabloid press would be a pain to deal with, I wouldn't mind never having to worry about money ever again. I mean, these people never have to worry about paying the bills or having to hold down a real job.

Regular Contributor

I believe the flight from royalty is primarily due to the British Royal Family's requirement to be impartial politically.  Meagan was just not free to espouse her platform for changing the world within the Royal confines.  Be prepared for countless preachy films produced by them telling all how to live their lives while holed up in mansions and taking in millions.  Charity work is awesome.  Netflix money even more so!

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

It can't be denied there are a lot of perks, if you will, when you marry a royal.  I think Kate has the hardest job, other than the Queen.  I don't think it's been even 2 years since Harry was married so if it had been me, with marriage and a baby following soon after, I would like to think I would have given it more time.  

Honored Contributor

Harry said it all, and it was heartfelt. But I think he probably had help with the speech, and Meghan probably knew what he would say. 

According to the BBC, the Queen tried everything, and she is hurt by their decision.

Someone else on Yahoo! wrote that Meghan exhibits all of the signs of a narcissist. The writer said she had someone in her family like this, and it caused major problems. I don't understand exactly what a narcissist is - maybe some of you can explain it better. I know only that a narcissist is concerned with his/her self - and well . . .

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@Marp wrote:

It can't be denied there are a lot of perks, if you will, when you marry a royal.  I think Kate has the hardest job, other than the Queen.  I don't think it's been even 2 years since Harry was married so if it had been me, with marriage and a baby following soon after, I would like to think I would have given it more time.  

Me too @Snoopp I would have given it more time as well.  I also think I could have handled being in Meghan's or Diana's positions, but I would have made different choices than they did.  I think anybody who made some of their choices would have had a difficult time.

Honored Contributor
@BadWolf. Don't forget the private jets as they preach about the environment. 🙄
Esteemed Contributor

@Marp wrote:

It would all depend on what you want in life.  If looking for a charitable existance being part of the royal family would be a wonderful opportunity.  You would have the  worlds attention for your platform and constant media attention.  Handled properly an excellent opportunity.  Granted it is not the life for everyone.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.