Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Reid resting well after pancreatic cancer surgery

He is also going to have chemo. It was caught early, doctors are optimistic.

Trusted Contributor

Harry Reid is 78; I dont know if that affects the prognosis for pancreatic cancer but I hope he does well.

Respected Contributor

@danniglennell wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

His doctors caught the problem early during a routine screening and his surgeons are confident that the surgery was a success and that the prognosis for his recovery is good.

Unfortunaltely what they're doing is putting the best positive spin on it. It's very probable to be a less than good prognosis. From my experience and as you see by many replies on this thread.

I don't think that anyone here is Mr Reid's physician. What I posted was from a press release.  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@danniglennell wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

His doctors caught the problem early during a routine screening and his surgeons are confident that the surgery was a success and that the prognosis for his recovery is good.

Unfortunaltely what they're doing is putting the best positive spin on it. It's very probable to be a less than good prognosis. From my experience and as you see by many replies on this thread.

I don't think that anyone here is Mr Reid's physician. What I posted was from a press release.  

I know.  Thanks though for following up @mom2four0418.

Trusted Contributor

He might have had a specialized operation because Johns Hopkins is in Baltimore and that is not where he lives.  

Respected Contributor

@danniglennell wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

I am pretty sure that none of the replies here are from Mr.           Reid's physicians.  The info that I posted was from a.                   family statement.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

tough road ahead, i fear,  so sending strength - especially to his family.

Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@danniglennell wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

I am pretty sure that none of the replies here are from Mr.           Reid's physicians.  The info that I posted was from a.                   family statement.

Yes, I know. Thanks again.

Occasional Contributor

Oh. So sorry to read this.

Very sad.

I hope the prognosis actually is positive. 

Honored Contributor

A pancreatic cancer prognosis is usually not very positive; let's hope they did find it early enough that the surgery and chemo gives a brighter outlook.