Honored Contributor

Re: Harry Connick on American Idol

I don't really care for him as a judge, so I haven't really paid attention to his change in comments...

Honored Contributor

On 3/1/2015 missy1 said:

I think he will be real when it's get to top 12. He makes me laugh, with his comments.

I agree.

Super Contributor

On 3/1/2015 Gooday said:

I watched from Season One. After the debacle of last season, I have no interest. IMO, the show has jumped the shark - BIG TIME.

I have switched to the Voice. It moves at a faster pace and every bit as enjoyable.

I'm watching both. It seems like the talent on AI is much better this year so far than it has been in previous years.

I've been reading about the silliness between Adam and Blake on the Voice and never gave much thought to it. It has finally gotten to me. IMO their personal contest is ruining that show. It's gotten really old.

Valued Contributor

The guy who stands out for us is Clark, although I forget his last name.

As for the girls, very few appeal to me. I guess we'll find out tonight who goes through.

As for the banter on the Voice, I agree it's beginning to get old. The night Adam decided to get on stage and sing an Elton John song was ridiculous IMO and took away from showing some of the contestants. When they showed the teams, it's obvious we never got a chance to hear some of them sing. It's ok to kid around a bit, but I think it's going overboard.

Honored Contributor

yes I did notice...total 360 from last week....the execs must have kicked him in the butt. Last week the camera was hardly on him just the bee-bopping twins. I caught his mouth hangning open at one point and I started laughing. He is a great musician and last week was awful (i only saw the guys). Last night was much better IMO.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

I think the youngest boy should not have been put through. He has plenty of time to try again and there were others more talented, imo

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Suziepeach said:

Harry Connick..

Exactly. He's so purdy. I don't care what he says. I just want to look at him. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2015 Justina rae said:
On 3/1/2015 Gooday said:

I watched from Season One. After the debacle of last season, I have no interest. IMO, the show has jumped the shark - BIG TIME.

I have switched to the Voice. It moves at a faster pace and every bit as enjoyable.

I'm watching both. It seems like the talent on AI is much better this year so far than it has been in previous years.

I've been reading about the silliness between Adam and Blake on the Voice and never gave much thought to it. It has finally gotten to me. IMO their personal contest is ruining that show. It's gotten really old.

I have lost interest in The Voice for this reason. Too much nonsense after each singer performs as the judges "present their cases." Enough!! I think each contestant knows exactly who they want for a coach without all the campaigning.

Esteemed Contributor

I think they are trying to get their ratings up because they are slipping, especially compared to the Voice.

They sent out a survey that I received and filled out (probably because I was a member of their website for years, and I always vote). The survey asked what people like and dislike about the show and how to improve it.

I don't know how others answered but I said right out that they need to be more positive to the contestants like the Voice instead of bashing them, they should help them grow. I also said I didn't like seeing all of the corny singers and how they would drag things out. Lastly I said how the talent was better on the Voice with some older experienced type singers (who just never made it in the music biz).

Also I notice on Idols facebook page people are always posting that the Voice is better.

Anyway as far as Harry, I don't think he was rude ever, just honest. He was no Simon Cowell who was down right rude.

SO, it seems to me theyre just trying to overhaul the entire show to try to make it better and more positive and about the music (as it should be).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

I just watched loren and she was awful...apparently I'm the only one that thinks so...bartender I'll have what the judges are drinking.....
Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G