Respected Contributor

Re: Harry And Meghan's Christmas Card Photo

Lovely wedding momento but would certainly not be my first choice for a Christmas card.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

It's different.

Maybe it represents them  looking forward to the future!  

If the article I read is correct, you hit the nail on the head.  They supposedly are looking toward the future.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

I've looked at it several times today and have decided to me it is almost creepy or melancholy.  It looks like the end of the movie, like walking off into the sunset.  Something about it is sad and foreboding to me.

But you all know I'm weird anyway. . . Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

If I were the one sending this card it would have been the one thanking everyone for the wedding gifts and good wishes. The Christmas card would depict exactly that...Christmas, rather than looking at the backs of two people.  But that is me.  I just think Harry and Meghan could have done a lot better and next year with three of them I'll bet it will be a winner.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

From some of the other royal family's Christmas cards shown on this forum, none of them seem like what some might consider "typical" holiday cards.  That said, I love the photo and their hands clasped behind Harry's back.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I think it is beautiful.  I saw the two of them first, and it just gave me a warm and positive reaction. 

Honored Contributor

From People Magazine, the reason why the Royals don't take traditional Christmas photos for their cards.

"So what do all three Christmas cards have in common? They’re not even remotely holiday-related! In fact, the royal family’s chosen photos were all taken months ago.

However, this is a common theme seen year after year. Rather than a themed photo, the royals usually chose a previously unreleased portrait taken within the past year to share as their Christmas card."

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Thank you for posting this lovely picture of Harry and Meghan's Christmas Card Photo.

I think it's a wonderful choice. Not only does he have his arm around her but I just noticed how he also has his hand over hers while she has her arm around him. I think it's sweet and very romantic. It's the day they were married. Heart

A lovely Christmas Card. Heart

Respected Contributor

I think it is a stupid picture for a Christmas card.  

Esteemed Contributor

At first glance, it shows two people after a long day gazing on fireworks and supporting one another is a sweet way. If Christmas is about love and peace, then this photo works for me. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau