Frequent Contributor

Re: Harry And Meghan's Christmas Card Photo

[ Edited ]

I do not like the picture at all.  It looks like they  are looking at something spooky.  A color photo would have been better if they were watching fireworks.  Maybe, to them, that was a special moment at their reception and they wanted to share it.  I also wonder if they wanted something totally different than Kate and Wills more traditional photo.   JMO

Honored Contributor

If a person would be offended that they are looking at the backsides of Meghan and Harry then that person has more issues than how the card was presented.

Gads.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Interesting choice, very "artsy".  I think that they have been photographed so much this year that they decided to do something totally different.  Also, next year will be their baby's first Christmas and I think that's the Christmas photo they are looking foward to.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perfect... You can't see who they are...

'Artsy'... eh, as usual, trying too hard...

And oh so festive... Whatever...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like it. It evicts an emotion. It is different. I love cards period. I notice people say it is old school to send them but all the entertainment and news shows can’t wait to show the celebrities’s cards to us.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Scorpio1971 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what they're looking at.  Mountains?  Was the photo taken when they were in New Zealand?

I would have preferred to see their frontside.  Instead they opted for this B&W rather artistic shot.  At least no one will critique Meghan's attire.  Smiley Happy

Heard it reported this morning that they were looking at the fireworks display after their wedding at reception.

That's pretty obvious to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I like the photo quite a lot but i think it would better befit a New Years Card and not a Christmas Card.

Respected Contributor

The picture is OK and would've been nice if they released it after their wedding.

As a Christmas card, it's an odd choice. 

Honored Contributor

Lovely photo but not for a Christmas card. 

Respected Contributor

@stevieb. Your comments made me laugh.

I just had vision I see our mantel here at home which, at the moment, is bedecked with greenery and Christmassy 'stuff' then imagining seeing the three Royal cards there - just does not work for me.  

They maybe arty, ethereal, imaginative etc., but none of them festive - I would hide them at the back of my cards - sorry but I do like a bit of Christmas cheer and it only comes once a year.