Honored Contributor

Re: Harper Lee has a new book out

[ Edited ]

Bummer, I am so sorry I read this thread & nothing against OP..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Re: Harper Lee has a new book out SPOILER

hmmmm.........i always looked at AF as an idealized portrait.  from what i am reading of the 1st book, it seems a bit more reflective of a changing society's contradictions.

Honored Contributor

just a fyi.......toward the top of the text box, five figures in, there is a spoiler feature. one of the new features they added to improve the boards when you click on it a gray box will open up and you can write the spoiler in there also......it has to be clicked on to be seen.

Spoiler
very easy to use......love this new feature. i also think it is good to put the word SPOILER in the thread title, just in case.

click on my spoiler link to see what i posted. no, it has nothing to do with the new book.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Darn!  I read this before you put the SPOILER in your title.  I preordered it awhile ago.  Is it out yet?  It'll be downloaded into my Kindle library when available.  I loved TKAM, the book and the movie.  As a matter of fact, I was going to re-read TKAM, then read the new (or old it seems).  Loved the actor playing Atticus Finch. Can't remember his name as I'm typing this.  They don't make actors like him anymore!

Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

Darn!  I read this before you put the SPOILER in your title.  I preordered it awhile ago.  Is it out yet?  It'll be downloaded into my Kindle library when available.  I loved TKAM, the book and the movie.  As a matter of fact, I was going to re-read TKAM, then read the new (or old it seems).  Loved the actor playing Atticus Finch. Can't remember his name as I'm typing this.  They don't make actors like him anymore!

That was Gregory Peck played Atticus Finch... wonderful casting.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How do you know all of this Cherry, if you haven't read the book and do not plan to read the book?????

I read the first chapter which was online, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book!  

How do you know Atticus was a racist???  Because you read that someone said he was???

ETA:   I cannot believe you all are taking her word for this book without reading yourself  .........  so many "close-minded" people here!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't happen to be a close-minded person, Hooty, and I don't think the others are on this thread are either.  Give us some credit for goodness sake.  I was on the fence about reading the book but more than likely I will & make my own opinion. 

Why on earth the first chapter was released is beyond me, I think it was wrong.

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

How do you know all of this Cherry, if you haven't read the book and do not plan to read the book?????

I read the first chapter which was online, and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the book!  

How do you know Atticus was a racist???  Because you read that someone said he was???

ETA:   I cannot believe you all are taking her word for this book without reading yourself  .........  so many "close-minded" people here!!!

Its on the daily mails website. I didn't wasnt to give too much away. I'm sure they aren't making it up

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
spoiler

@sunshine45 wrote:

just a fyi.......toward the top of the text box, five figures in, there is a spoiler feature. one of the new features they added to improve the boards when you click on it a gray box will open up and you can write the spoiler in there also......it has to be clicked on to be seen.

Spoiler
very easy to use......love this new feature. i also think it is good to put the word SPOILER in the thread title, just in case.

click on my spoiler link to see what i posted. no, it has nothing to do with the new book.

thaks sunshine

Honored Contributor

Heres he link Hooty see it for yourself

Spoiler