Respected Contributor

Rain is a good thing for you guys up north.  Our skies down here have cleared considerably.  I was hoping something good was happening.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

Re: Hark! What Is This Wet Stuff Falling From the Sky?

I am happy for you Plaid Pants2, and also others out there in the north and mid west that need the rain so badly.

I am in Western PA, where we usually complain about the rain, but these past two months it has been so dry that I am sure some areas are in a drought status.  The ground in my garden is cracking and when we have to mow, there are plumes of dust.  We had a few days of cool weather, which I loved.  But the extended forecast at least till the 11st is for temps in the high 80s.  I sure hope our schools are air conditioned or the kids are going to roast.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It rained here last night too and it's been in the 70s today. Very excited for the cooler weather but it's back in the 90s for the rest of the week.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

We had rain last night too.  Glad to hear CA got rain.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Portland, OR checking in...we've gotten some rain, too. Came down heavy for about 20 mins or so around 3:30 a.m. And then off and on little bursts through out the day, not lasting very long...but gosh we've needed this. The winds have been gusting to 45 mph in my area. We had the Hood to Coast Relay Race which started yesterday...and they had to move the finish line TWICE this morning because the winds on the coast were gusting to 90. The medal ceremony was canceled. I caught this last bit on the news this morning (Sunday). The rains will continue off and off for a few more days, but the strong winds have passed. 

The end of spring continuing on through our summer has been brutal. It's been dry and hot. We normally turn our AC on about 9-11 days for the entire summer. I believe we're up to 53 days so far. Even our lows have been warm. Our normal lows are upper 40s/low 50s and this year so far we've had 50 days where our low was 60 or above. This summer has broken all kinds of records...

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Honored Contributor

It's been kinda dry by me. Saw some younger trees with leaves turning already.
There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise