Honored Contributor

Re: Hardly any catalogs for the holidays

@CelticCrafter wrote:

The one catalog I will look forward to within the next couple of days will be the Stitchery.  I aways buy myself a counted cross stitch kit to get me through the winter.  

I know I can view it on line, it's just fun going through the actual paper catalog to see what strikes my fancy.

@CelticCrafter

I think that's great.  It's something that you enjoy and look forward to, as well. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know some people love to get lots of catalogs. But I like to shop on-line instead so I go to catalogchoice dot org and opt out of getting the catalogs mailed to me. It's easier for me that way.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee

That's good.  It's more convenient for you that way.  I get more fun out of looking at the catalogs.  

Esteemed Contributor

Stitchery - now that's ONE catalog I didn't get!  Yeah

(do get Improvements - bedding cat - whatever works = home & clothing is my 40 (estimated) holiday mail intake)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Stitchery - now that's ONE catalog I didn't get!  Yeah

(do get Improvements - bedding cat - whatever works = home & clothing is my 40 (estimated) holiday mail intake)

@fthunt

Wow -- that's a lot.  Nope -- not me --- maybe 3 or 4. 

Esteemed Contributor

Now they will start all over again.........the after Christmas SALE mailings.  Have already received 2 veggie and plant catalogs for Spring plantings.  (the early bird gets the worm you know)

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Now they will start all over again.........the after Christmas SALE mailings.  Have already received 2 veggie and plant catalogs for Spring plantings.  (the early bird gets the worm you know)

@fthunt

Spring can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned!  Especially since Christmas is over!  Bring it on!!!  

Honored Contributor

Starting in about October I started getting them.  Some days there were 4 or 5 in my mailbox.  I saved all of them just for the fun to see how many I would get for the Holiday shopping.  Most are from places that I have never ordered from.  They do sell their mailing lists to others.  Gads, you should see the stack.  Have only received one since Christmas.  Thank goodness.

They will be pitched a few at a time.  Take the mailing cover page and any other page that shows my name and address.  Shredder will be going on overload.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe wrote:

Starting in about October I started getting them.  Some days there were 4 or 5 in my mailbox.  I saved all of them just for the fun to see how many I would get for the Holiday shopping.  Most are from places that I have never ordered from.  They do sell their mailing lists to others.  Gads, you should see the stack.  Have only received one since Christmas.  Thank goodness.

They will be pitched a few at a time.  Take the mailing cover page and any other page that shows my name and address.  Shredder will be going on overload.  

@ShowMe

Just curious --- how many did you get?  

Honored Contributor

had a thread on this well over a month ago.

we received tons!

i think our top day was at about 33.

even yesterday i received 8......mostly for  linen and household specials.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 Could you give us the names of a few that aren’t common.I miss catalogs too.Do you order from most of them?