Honored Contributor

Re: Hardly any catalogs for the holidays

@fthunt wrote:

OMG - they were all sent to MY zip code.  Tuesday of the week was huge - 6  - 8 catalogs - then 2 - 3 every other day.   I did buy from L L Bean so guess they 'shared' my name with every other cat company.  Buy one blouse and you'll get mail!

@fthunt

Guesss you got my share!!! LOL.  I do buy things from catalogs occasionally and as I said before, I thought these mailing lists got shared.  In my case, I guess not.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I get very few catalogs and I don't miss them.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i miss all those catalogs too.  guess i am more strategic about where i order online these days.   and while  i used to spend lots of time browsing through the catalogs, now i just browse online.  saves some trees, which is always good. 

@fancy pantsy

I guess that's true.  But I was telling DH that it is so nice before Christmas to get these "wish books" or "inspiration books."  A lot of times in the past I would have no ideas and then when I got catalogs I would say --- oh, yeah --- this would be a great gift for so an so.  It's hard at times to go on-line when you have no idea what to get.  

oh yes, @AngelPuppy1, i totally agree that it's a nice way to browse for inspiration.

Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

I get very few catalogs and I don't miss them.  

@PinkyPetunia

That's o.k.  We're all different and that's what makes life interesting! 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when my siblings and i were young and we would get the Sears Wish Book and JC Penny Christmas Book............we would each go through it and pick out what we wanted for Christmas and it was alot easier for our

parents..............would would RUSH to the mail box weeks

before the holiday hoping it was there for us to go through!!!

These days i get alot of catalogs but mostly junky offerings....and at least in past days you knew Sears & JC Penny offered pretty good quality items...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Aside from Macy's, which is always having a 1-day sale (LOL!!), and BB&B, which I get on a regular basis, I thankfully get very few catalogs.  Just clog up the mailbox and more paper to recycle.   Don't miss receiving them at all.

Honored Contributor

The one catalog I will look forward to within the next couple of days will be the Stitchery.  I aways buy myself a counted cross stitch kit to get me through the winter.  

I know I can view it on line, it's just fun going through the actual paper catalog to see what strikes my fancy.

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I remember when my siblings and i were young and we would get the Sears Wish Book and JC Penny Christmas Book............we would each go through it and pick out what we wanted for Christmas and it was alot easier for our

parents..............would would RUSH to the mail box weeks

before the holiday hoping it was there for us to go through!!!

These days i get alot of catalogs but mostly junky offerings....and at least in past days you knew Sears & JC Penny offered pretty good quality items...

@kelsey17

Those were so much fun!  We would sit and look at those catalogs over and over again!  And mark all the stuff we wanted!  Yes, there was no doubt about what we wanted!  LOL!  And Sears and Penneys were very dependable companies.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Aside from Macy's, which is always having a 1-day sale (LOL!!), and BB&B, which I get on a regular basis, I thankfully get very few catalogs.  Just clog up the mailbox and more paper to recycle.   Don't miss receiving them at all.

@kaydee50

I agree about the one day sale!  I got those continually and stuff from Kohl's.  I just consider those a flyers -- not really catalogs.  I understand that a lot of people don't care about the catalogs, but I like them and miss them.  

Honored Contributor

I know some people love to get lots of catalogs. But I like to shop on-line instead so I go to catalogchoice dot org and opt out of getting the catalogs mailed to me. It's easier for me that way.Woman Happy