Honored Contributor

Hardly any catalogs for the holidays

I just miss the old days when months before Christmas I would get tons of catalogs in the mail!  This year I might have received 2 or 3 if that.  I so enjoyed browsing through them and I always got so many great ideas for gifts --- things I never would have thought about or even heard of!  I know with the trend now being shopping on-line that this has caused the decline for catalogs but boy, I sure do miss them.  For me, it was part of the Christmas fun!  Anyone else miss them?  Just having another senior moment I guess.  LOL!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Hardly any catalogs for the holidays

@AngelPuppy1,

Like you, I used to get so many catalogs, my mailman complained! Now, not so many,

http://www.quotessquare.com/events/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Clock-animation-gif-new-year-2016.gif

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  There are still lots of businesses that send catalogues.  I get lots all year.

On you favorite retailer websites do a search like "request catalogue" or sometimes the "contact us" area works.

Some categories I receive are clothing, gardening, home decor.

You can also do a general search for free catalogues and find sites with categorized lists to request those you want.

Happy searching. 

Honored Contributor

You have to place orders with them, i got plenty this year.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

i miss all those catalogs too.  guess i am more strategic about where i order online these days.   and while  i used to spend lots of time browsing through the catalogs, now i just browse online.  saves some trees, which is always good. 

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1,

Like you, I used to get so many catalogs, my mailman complained! Now, not so many,

http://www.quotessquare.com/events/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Clock-animation-gif-new-year-2016.gif

@meallen616

Yes, mine, too!  I'm sure he is happy that it doesn't happen any more!  Happy New Year to you, as well! 

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1  There are still lots of businesses that send catalogues.  I get lots all year.

On you favorite retailer websites do a search like "request catalogue" or sometimes the "contact us" area works.

Some categories I receive are clothing, gardening, home decor.

You can also do a general search for free catalogues and find sites with categorized lists to request those you want.

Happy searching. 

@aroc3435

Thank you.  I will have to try this.  I do miss my catalogs!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

You have to place orders with them, i got plenty this year.

@goldensrbest

I do order from a few places and I thought that once you got on a few mailing lists that they were passed around.  Evidently this isn't true.  Thanks!  

Esteemed Contributor

OMG - they were all sent to MY zip code.  Tuesday of the week was huge - 6  - 8 catalogs - then 2 - 3 every other day.   I did buy from L L Bean so guess they 'shared' my name with every other cat company.  Buy one blouse and you'll get mail!

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i miss all those catalogs too.  guess i am more strategic about where i order online these days.   and while  i used to spend lots of time browsing through the catalogs, now i just browse online.  saves some trees, which is always good. 

@fancy pantsy

I guess that's true.  But I was telling DH that it is so nice before Christmas to get these "wish books" or "inspiration books."  A lot of times in the past I would have no ideas and then when I got catalogs I would say --- oh, yeah --- this would be a great gift for so an so.  It's hard at times to go on-line when you have no idea what to get.