Honored Contributor

Did you call them?  If not, why not?

Respected Contributor

Re: Harassment from seller?

[ Edited ]

That is just crazy!  A few years ago, I had a seller from Amazon that I ordered from write me a nice note

to my email asking for a good review. She offered a free product that I could pick out from her line on Amazon.

I did write it.  I used the code she gave me for the free product, my PC locked up and then when I went it and retried, I could not use the code again. Never was able to get

the free product.

I would really hate getting a call like you got! I would block that number too.

Honored Contributor

@shoekitty  Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt @lovesrecess will call.  I think she's paralyzed by fear and feeling like a victim.

She needs to be a little angry, not afraid.  And MAKE THE CALL!

I've gotten emails from sellers asking for a good review or to let them know if there was any problem with the transaction.  I don't think lack of good reviews damages them.  The ratio of good reviews vs. bad would be a problem.  

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

I doubt @lovesrecess will call.  I think she's paralyzed by fear and feeling like a victim.

She needs to be a little angry, not afraid.  And MAKE THE CALL!

I've gotten emails from sellers asking for a good review or to let them know if there was any problem with the transaction.  I don't think lack of good reviews damages them.  The ratio of good reviews vs. bad would be a problem.  

That is just something that I just don't get.

Doesn't she realize that she has the POWER to actually do something about this creep?

Doesn't she realize that one bad apple doesn't spoil the bunch?

FIGHT BACK!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

If you’re not going to do anything about it, why complain? This is just a general statement not directed to OP. 

Contributor

Re: Harassment from seller?

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear wrote:

That is just crazy!  A few years ago, I had a seller from Amazon that I ordered from write me a nice note

to my email asking for a good review. She offered a free product that I could pick out from her line on Amazon.

I did write it.  I used the code she gave me for the free product, my PC locked up and then when I went it and retried, I could not use the code again. Never was able to get

the free product.

I would really hate getting a call like you got! I would block that number too.

You're not supposed to do that either.  That's a seller trying to game the system. That makes it an incentivized review and Amazon will ban you from reviewing if they catch you. The only "legal" incentivized reviews are reviews done by those who've been invited to Amazon Vine. I'm a Viner - but don't think I get the items to review for "free". I get a 1099 every year that I have to report as income to the IRS for the "free" products. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I didn't even know we were supposed to give reviews on Amazon.  I never have.  Just started with them this year (Prime member).

I know things I've bought have reviews, but they are about the product and not about the 'seller'.

Honored Contributor

When you are dealing with a huge company like Amazon, it's important to know your way around. It's all there for you, so you should familiarize yourself with how they work. The site actually is fairly easily to navigate by trial and error.

The only weird thing that I've had happen was with a third-party seller who e-mailed me asking for a review. That's not unusual. Most of the time, I blow it off. But this time I did go ahead. My review was positive, even including the fact that seller handled a problem quickly and politely.

So I was very surprised when I received another e-mail asking me to cancel or edit that review to remove that mention. The seller said that any mention of a problem can affect the ratings.

In the OP's case, I actually would not advise her to slam the seller in a review. I would just let Amazon know about the phone call. In no way would this situation dissuade me from shopping on Amazon.

And I use third-parties quite often, especially when buy books. I've never had a serious issue at all. It's important to check out their ratings.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I appreciate seeing the support from Amazon shoppers in helping OP to register her complaint.

And for her own peace of mind I sincerely hope that she does follow through.

But be aware that in e-commerce, requesting & expecting a satisfied, repeat customer to exercise the courtesy of submitting positive feedback isn't unusual.

It's part of netiquette.

I believe the the standout issue here is that the seller contacted the customer by phone. I wonder if that's an "opt out" choice she overlooked.

OP doesn't state whether they used other methods to communicate with her prior to calling. It's possible he concluded she doesn't "do" email on a regular basis.

However, whether anyone was yelling, the actual statements and "tone" within the call, (by either party) will all be he said-she said to those who investigate complaints unless one of them has a recording of the call.  He may.

Here's the complaint based on the original post:

Vendor initiated phone call to request product review.

Customer (verified buyer of product x) became upset when he prompted her to submit a positive review for the product, which she'd purchased from this seller "many times before".