Honored Contributor

Happy news from Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine

dated June 22, 2018:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—With confirmation that Laval University of Québec City, Canada, has ended the use of live piglets in its training of pediatrics residents, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine—the nonprofit representing more than 12,000 physicians—announces that no surveyed pediatrics residency programs in the United States or Canada use live animals for procedural training. Across these North American countries, 227 pediatrics residency programs use only nonanimal, human-relevant methods, such as purpose-designed medical simulators.

for more on this story, go to:

http://www.pcrm dot org/media/news/pediatric-residency-programs-no-longer-use-animals

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Happy news from Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine

[ Edited ]

I can't tell you how overjoyed I am at this news.  Horrified at the cruel suffering that our precious animals with central nervous systems endure daily.  I know it is hard to make the connections as we are raised with eating animals as a norm.  

After watching videos and research, I am so happy, healthy, and at peace knowing that to the best of my ability I don't participate in violent practices.  Thank you for sharing that these precious little piglets will no longer suffer as a result of the procedural training.

Valued Contributor

Very good news!  Ethics should always be considered.  Animals are not here for us to use and abuse.

Honored Contributor

Dr. Neal Barnard, president of PCRM, has been doing some

really pivotal work with the PCRM recently.  Love the passion!

EF3F877A-B92C-410F-9CA5-9E537A53A5E9.jpeg

97BC34CF-8451-43EB-A5FA-80C414275CC3.jpeg

02E34E63-E497-4B38-8560-882D9343918D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom  Thanks for posting this article.  I couldn't get the website in the OP's post.  Now if only we could get the practice of chopping off piglets tails and castrating them without any anesthesia (I've seen the procedure and heard the screams of the piglets and it is imprinted forever) to stop.   Or, of course, we could all go plant based become healthier and shut down the ghoulish slaughterhouses!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd

You have to change the word "dot" to an actual period.  

http://www.pcrm dot org/media/news/pediatric-residency-programs-no-longer-use-animals

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Such very good news!  

Bless the animals, 

They have no Voice,

They have no Choice.

🐷

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

dated June 22, 2018:

WASHINGTON, D.C.—With confirmation that Laval University of Québec City, Canada, has ended the use of live piglets in its training of pediatrics residents, the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine—the nonprofit representing more than 12,000 physicians—announces that no surveyed pediatrics residency programs in the United States or Canada use live animals for procedural training. Across these North American countries, 227 pediatrics residency programs use only nonanimal, human-relevant methods, such as purpose-designed medical simulators.

for more on this story, go to:

http://www.pcrm dot org/media/news/pediatric-residency-programs-no-longer-use-animals

Wonderful! Thanks for posting @GingerPeach!

Respected Contributor

So very glad to hear this.   Thanks for posting it.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad to hear this.   Thanks for posting it.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent