Honored Contributor

Happy Palm Sunday to All Who Observe

And to those who don't observe, happy spring with good will and love.

I'm a bit hestitant always to say "Happy" Palm Sunday, because the week is tinged with sadness (esp. at the beginning) as well as joy.  For me, personally, this marks the best and most introspective week of the year.  Love to contemplate what has been done on my behalf, and like others, am humbled and grateful.

If anyone has special Easter Week traditions or memories to share, would love to hear.

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Palm Sunday to All Who Observe

@Oznell  thanks . We had to watch our services on TV, Mr Cherry is a bit under the weather. Not sure what it is. We both got a shingles shot, and  sometimes they can make you feel a bit rough

We still heard the Passion read, and the homily, so, I feel we did the best we could

Honored Contributor

So many fragrant lillies made for a beautiful altar display today.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  The statues in Church are all veiled in purple ,during Holy Week.. Thursday we have a service that includes the washing of the feet of the Catechumans( water is just poured over one foot and dried with a towel)  Good Fri has a service and the Blessed Sacrament is taken from Church, and placed into an altar of  repose, until the Vigil mass on Holy Saturday. We have a veneration of the cross

On Holy Saturday the service lasts out 3 hrs. The new fire is lit, Cathchumans are baptised and confirmed. We have about 5 readings from the old and new testament.  It is a very solemn but joyful service..The Litany of the Saints is sung

Honored Contributor

We each received palm fronds to wave at the appropriate time in the reading.  Our minister playfully cautioned against the temptation to tickle your pew neighbor with the end of your frond.

Nevertheless, I succumbed to the temptation....

Honored Contributor

Beautiful, @deepwaterdotter and @cherry!

Honored Contributor

We consider Easter Week to be the week after Easter.  The week before Easter is considered Holy Week.

Holy Week is a special time.  Holy Week services at church on Thurs, Fri and Sat.  Reconcilation on Monday ... Mass on Wednesday.  

I was just noting my calendar .... different times each day.

Honored Contributor

So many wonderful opportunities for observance, @ALRATIBA!

Honored Contributor

This is a little known fact about Holy Week. Wednesday is known as Spy Wednesday, for this is the day Judas, betrayed Christ to the Sanhedron

Esteemed Contributor

Blessings received with both hands! Happy Renewal season. That's how I view spring. My faith embraces Easter and I embrace kind people of all faiths. Trusting we'll have a lovely spring. Most people north of middle latitude America are so ready for spring!   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau