Regular Contributor

Happy New Year from the Back Fence Bunch: 1-1-11

Happy new year everyone! Hope 2011 has started out wonderfully for all. It's very cold in these parts, but at least that dratted wind has stopped blowing a gale and there's no precipitation nor none in the forecast as far as I know.

Our new year's eve was uneventlful, but nice. We celebrated with snacks and sparkling cider.

We're still enjoying Christmas goodies; had coffee cake this morning with our hot tea sweetened with honey our friend from IN brought us. It's very good and they said they ship so I'm looking forward to having more.

Friends have been out of town and Jim's been feeding their horses. I've not gone with him this time though I usually do. He enjoys being out with them and watching them try to steal each other's food.

I'm having AOL problems again......sure is annoying when I can't see who's sent mail and then when I open it cannot forward or reply to it. I talked to three different tech's today and kept losing them, but finally have printed two different resolutions to the problem. Hopefully one of them is correct and I can get back in business.

Well, I'm gradually getting used to FaceBook. I too have made contact with some relatives and friends that I have not seen in years so that's been nice.

Happy Saturday all and may this year be the best ever for you and yours. Sue

I thought I'd bring Sherron and Freddie's last post's over for those of you who may have missed them.

Sue.....
The Jr.Cheesecake was yummy!! thank you!!
Winifred............smelled your cornbread!! love it hot/or cold!
It is bone chilling cold and windy here today.
Yesterday...it was 51...snow melting,foggy, then rained.!!...Now ground is frozen again.
After going shopping with Dar and her hubby.. yesterday.i put my groc. up...the electricity went off from 3pm until 6pm!!Turned tv on could only watch the channel it was on before elec. went off!! Put new batteries in remote contol..nothing....had to call a dish tech..... needed to take batteries back out reinsert them...press some buttons....the tec then reset the dish for me. Then my lunch..started talking to me with a upset tummy from the spices in food.
Today is a new day and new year!!
Happy New Years Day everyone!
smiles
sherron

Let go!! LET GOD!!

Winifred12/31/2010 at 8:12 PM1606 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Well the canopy over the car did manage to survive the rest of those horrible winds. I did go out later and duct tape all the poles where they are connected together except the ones up on top. Doesn't look the prettiest but should help. Now to figure out what to do for that one pole that the brace on the ground broke - the pole is just standing on the ground and moves real easy so figure kids will eventually start playing with it - sounds normal to me.

It is freezing here also Queen. Last two nights had to add a wool blanket over my comforter. Usually the comforter and sheet are plenty warm but I had to get up as I was so cold I could not get back to sleep until I put that blanket on also. Tonight the same is predicted - we just NEVER have cold weather like this in December - our real cold weather is normally in February but this has been frigid. No, I turn my heater down at night otherwise the bill would be astronomical - most people out here do that as utilities are very pricey.

My sis and BIL left Michigan today for a 3 month stay in Florida - hope their travel down is a good one. My sis really doesn't like to do that but her husband completely enjoys the three months there. I think it is because kids and grands are all in Michigan. LOL. And then my Sis, well since they are all in Michigan that is why she does not like going to Florida. Last year, however, they froze down there. Will be interesting to see what happens this year.

Have my black eyed peas soaking so bright and early tomorrow morning I will put them on the stove and then later will have slaw, sliced tomatoes and cornbread with them. Can hardly wait.

I wish each one of you a blessed new year with nothing but good health, peace and happiness. (Tessa and Davey are suppose to be here any time now to celebrate the New Year coming in.)