Respected Contributor

Re: Happy Jewish New Year to All Who Observe

[ Edited ]

actually there are 4 Jewish new years -  this one (civil calendar)1 Tishrei  counting from Creation; 15th ( tu ) of  Shvat - marks the new year of trees which is important in the rules of agriculture  ;  1 Nissan before Passover which is the new year of the months, connecting many  holidays to the Exodus,  and  1 Elul, the new  year of the tithing of cattle

Honored Contributor

A happy and healthy New Year to all our Jewish friends!

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

actually there are 4 Jewish new years -  this one (civil calendar)1 Tishrei  counting from Creation; 15th ( tu ) of  Shvat - marks the new year of trees which is important in the rules of agriculture  ;  1 Nissan before Passover which is the new year of the months, connecting many  holidays to the Exodus,  and  1 Elul, the new  year of the tithing of cattle

ms traditional, thank you! Did you attend Hebrew school? 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

sunala -  actually i got most of my knowledge later in life, taking advantage of excellent adult education programs here in Los Angeles.   le shanah tovah u-metukah to you and yours - and to all.

Trusted Contributor

L'shana tova!

Esteemed Contributor

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Trusted Contributor

Shana Tova.  wishing all health, wealth and peace.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lovely services last night.

The sermon given by a student at the University was cute. He said we need to clean our"hard drives" of junk and malware. Yup he was a computer major and right out of  "The Big Bang " show.

Classes haven't started yet, so it was a smaller turn out. 

The Rabbi introduced a new prayer book. I know I am getting old. I don't like change. It was far too modern for my taste. Even Presbyterian mr henny found it lacking---lol!

Sunny, how was dinner? Did you save any chopped liver?  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Hennala, yes I still have some chopped liver left, although not a lot. Just enough for Mr. Sunny and I to have a nosh before dinner.

I could use  way to clean out my hard drive and get rid of some malware too! Very good analogy. 

I'm so tired today from all the work I've done the last few days, I'm just relaxing and doing nothing. Enjoy your day Heart

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

Well-----I made a trip to Gelson's and bought some chicken livers.  I just couldn't stand not having them.

I was hoping they would have some in the deli, but they only had the chopped calves liver which doesn't cut it in my book. I will make a nice big batch tomorrow.

It was much cooler today and actually spit for about five minutes. It wasn't enough to moisten the ground but hopefull it signals a weather change to come.