Respected Contributor

Wishing to all peace and love, health and happiness.

Happy Holidays to all!

Honored Contributor

@IMW  If that's you, you look like my little sister (she's 1/2 sister but we don't count that) except you look like her when she was younger.

Seeing your moniker always makes me smile.  My sister lives in Baltimore and I haven't seen her in awhile.

This evening I took to several neighbors I never met one of those little loaf pans that were sold on QVC to give away.

I baked my 'special' banana loaf/cinnamon bread in each one, with a Christmas CD and instructions on using the loaf pan.

I handed them the 'stuff' and said, "I'm your neighbor across the street.  I know you've never seen me because I go in and out of the garage.  Just wanted to say Merry Christmas."

Then I turned and drove on to the next one.  (We live on one acre lots that are a bit spread out and my back is kicking right now).

So, that's what I did today...bake the banana bread.

When my girls were little, we'd bake cookies all day, then they'd put on their pj's and we'd pack in the car and ride around looking at all of the lights.

Out where I live people line their long driveways and road with lights.

Most put candles in paper bags..  

It's a beautiful sight.  Some compete with each other on who can put the most "stuff" in their yards.

My daughter used to say she was going to win the contest one day.  

Safe to say, in her neighborhood, she comes pretty close.

She lives in a neighborhood in Florida which is very froo froo.  It has guards at the gates.

You can see her house from the guard house!  Once a year she was 'given permission' to put the most gaudy, large decorations in her yard.

We're talking a 12-15 ft snowman holding a Dunkin' Donut, Santa who's seen better days and on and on (the main them is donuts).

My ex-son-in-law owns a bunch of Dunkin Donuts so I guess she got the blow-ups in the divorce!  Ha!

She gets to keep them up for 1 week.  No more than 1 week.  

I think you could probably see her house from space!  

Anyway, have a nice Christmas and Hanukkah.

I'm spending part of tomorrow over my oldest daughter's house.  We'll have an early dinner and open gifts.

My son in law's parents and brother and sister and their family will be there.

My daughter has been married for 18 years.  She met her husband first day at UVA, so we've all known each other for many years.

It's fun and comfortable and there's lots of love when we all get together.

Respected Contributor

Thank you iMW - The same to you - Wishing you the very same - Be good and enjoy yourself.

PS - your avatar is so pretty.

Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Holidays To All

[ Edited ]

🎄❤️🎄Thank you, @IMW!   Wishing the same for you!🎄❤️🎄

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova