Honored Contributor

Re: Happy Halloween Birthday! @Witchy Woman

Happy Birthday, Witchy Woman!  Happy day and another happy trip around the sun!   

Honored Contributor

I wish you a very happy birthday and a year ahead filled with good health, joy, and peace of mind!!!  Have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee 

How fascinating!

My grandparents came to the US as teens from Sicily, and their marriage was "arranged" by my grandmother's brother...Uncle Tony (of course!) Cat LOL  Rocco (my grandfather) had not been my grandmother's first choice.

They lived in Brooklyn until my grandfather died.

I wish now I had paid closer attention to their heritage and knew more about them.   Had asked questions and taken notes.

I tried tracking a few things down, but it is laborious...and, no one really left to care about such things.

How funny about your mother's December birthday.  My mother and grandmother were both born in August and very much alike.  Green eyes for all of us.

I think they broke that mold when I was born in October, however.Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@just bee 

How fascinating!

My grandparents came to the US as teens from Sicily, and their marriage was "arranged" by my grandmother's brother...Uncle Tony (of course!) Cat LOL  Rocco (my grandfather) had not been my grandmother's first choice.

They lived in Brooklyn until my grandfather died.

I wish now I had paid closer attention to their heritage and knew more about them.   Had asked questions and taken notes.

I tried tracking a few things down, but it is laborious...and, no one really left to care about such things.

How funny about your mother's December birthday.  My mother and grandmother were both born in August and very much alike.  Green eyes for all of us.

I think they broke that mold when I was born in October, however.Cat Happy

@Witchy Woman 

My mother also had an Uncle Tony.  Of course, she did! Woman LOL

I was the only one of my mother's children who had green eyes.  My sisters and brother had my parents' blue eyes.  I had dark blue eyes and then when I was in college a boyfriend told me they were green.  I was furious.  How did he not know they were blue?  They'd changed and I'd never noticed!

My October birthday was last week. Woman LOL

I hear ya about paying closer attention and taking notes.  I tried writing down things my mother said but I couldn't keep up.

Sadly, our house burned last year and all the family photos were in an antique mahogany chest.  In the garage.  Where the fire started.

My mother was beautiful and she loved animals and she was an amazing cook.  When her mother died, a neighbor, who was Tuscan, taught her.  She cooked with lots of cream and butter and I don't remember olive oil in the house.  But my uncles were also great cooks and one of them cooked Southern-style -- lots of seafood and fish.  I was afraid to tell my mother I wanted him and my Maltese aunt to adopt me.  Boy, what my aunt could do with a lamb chop.

I really wish I had those photos.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman @just bee ...I so enjoyed reading your posts sharing about each of your family's heritage and so many interesting and loving memories! 

I loved listening to my Mom about her life and our family heritage...Like you, I also wish that I had asked more questions and kept a diary of all that I learned and also all that I experienced and my feelings throughout the various stages of my life.

It would be so fascinating to sit back and read through it all....kind of like rediscovering myself.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Witchy Woman @just bee ...I so enjoyed reading your posts sharing about each of your family's heritage and so many interesting and loving memories! 

I loved listening to my Mom about her life and our family heritage...Like you, I also wish that I had asked more questions and kept a diary of all that I learned and also all that I experienced throughout the various stages of my life.

It would be so fascinating to sit back and read through it all....kind of like rediscovering myself.

@MyShadowLove 

@Witchy Woman 

We don't realize the importance until it's too late.  I wish I could ask her about things today but I can't.

When I realized I wanted to ask all those questions she was battling Alzheimer's and couldn't remember the answers.

I miss her.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

So true @just bee ...We will always miss them and hold all of the memories close to our hearts...My Mom was my safe haven and I have never felt quite the same without her in my life...I'm sure you and @Witchy Woman feel the same way....We were very blessed. Heart

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman  How WONDERFUL it is that you share a birthday with this spooktacular day! 👍👍 May you treasure the wonderment of each!😁

happy birthday images with halloween , 500+ Happy Halloween Birthday Images Pictures & Hallow___.jpg

~~~Birthday hug  on your SPECIAL day🤗💖

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

So true @just bee ...We will always miss them and hold all of the memories close to our hearts...My Mom was my safe haven and I have never felt quite the same without her in my life...I'm sure you and @Witchy Woman feel the same way....We were very blessed. Heart

@MyShadowLove 

I'm a psychiatric nurse and I see a lot of kids in my practice.  I hesitate to say it, but sometimes I can't help think...

If only this kid had had an Italian mother...

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman A lot if people must have been born on Halloween because I always see several Halloween birthday cards in the Halloween card section.